(Closed) Demetrios 3137 – Bustle

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I would wager a bet that you could do a single point bustle tucking the bottom parts up under one of the higher layers and make it look unbustled but shorter. your alterations lady should have some suggestions though!

Post # 4
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m wearing that dress too and have been wondering the same thing!! I don’t want the dress to lose the beautiful layered style it has!!!

Post # 6
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would do an under bustle…In the back you have 5 layers so essentially what they will do is pick a point from the bottom and place the hooks to the inside of your dress….and the 3rd layer will cover it so you don’t lose the ruffles and you can’t even tell that your dress is even bustled.  

Post # 7
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I have a demetrio gown with tons of rufflesas well.  Style GR144.  I don’t really know what it’s called but they did what twizzlo916 said.  I guess they did an 5 point underbustle so it folds over and you can’t even tell it had a train.  When I went in to get it altered They originally tried to do the bustles on the top but I showed them what I wanted.  If you want, PM me and I’ll see if I can find a picture of the back of my dress for you. 

Post # 8
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t have pics (or even the dress) but I did try on this dress on and LOVED it.. I asked about the bustle, and similar to what CorgiTales mentioned, the consultant showed me a basic underbustle that looks almost identical to the back of the dress as is, just shorter. Keeps the layaered ruffle look and everything, without giving you that big bustle-ruffle butt 😉

Post # 9
2410 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Ditto what  @junebug12: said. When I tried teh dress on, that is what I was told even though I didn’t end up purchasing.

Post # 10
5 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone,

I brought this dress for my wedding. My steamstress is having a hard time doing the bustle. She asks if there’s any pictures for her to look at and follow. Please help!

The topic ‘Demetrios 3137 – Bustle’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors