(Closed) In love w/ a dress that others don’t care for really

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which would you choose as THE dress? (Punta Cana destination wedding)
    Dere Kiang 11052 (strapless white gown) : (62 votes)
    50 %
    Venus ve8089 (ivory gown w/ shear jewels) : (61 votes)
    50 %
  • Post # 3
    2849 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Do you have pictures of you in the dresses? They both look pretty, but it would help to know what they look like on you.

Post # 4
    913 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

Without seeing it on, as @Bichon Frise  says it’s impossible to say. The ruching at the hip of the second dress could be quite unflattering on most people IMO.

Post # 5
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@Bichon_Frise I agree, we need to see what the dress loooks like on the real person, but i think i’m still going to lean more towards you going with your original pick. You loved it and purchased it for a reason, and it’s your day!

Post # 6
    2825 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

without seeing them on you, I would say pick the first one… I like the fabric better for a wedding in Punta Cana.  I don’t like that silky/shiny fabric for tropical weddings.

Post # 7
    1747 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I also adore the first one. The second one is beautiful and I didn’t notice the ruching until it was pointed out, but it’s on the thigh, which is a slightly awkward placement. However, BCBG makes a dress like this with the same illusion neckline, maybe your bridesmaids could wear it! haha.

Post # 8
    1087 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

It would be better to see a pic with you in the dress. But I like the first one based on the model pictures.

Post # 9
    795 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013 - Four Rivers Environmental Center

I agree that the first dress is better for your venue choice, but I LOVE the second one all together.

Post # 10
    17 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: January 2012

Based on the model pics I prefer the first.  But I’d love to see photos of you in the dresses to see how you make them look! 

Post # 11
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I love the first one!  I think it will be better for a destination wedding too.

Post # 12
    43 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I like the first one, the Dere Kiang better then the venus. You have to be the one happy with the dress, and I am sure once your family and friends see you on your wedding day, they will love whatever you have on.

Post # 13
    3220 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

@KeyWest114:  So is the second one the Venus? I’m confused and don’t want to vote wrong!

Post # 15
    6341 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2014

I prefer the first dress; not sure which one it is though, I can’t tell from your post.

The second dress is beautiful, but, to me it doesn’t say beach wedding, and I have reservations about the fabric and style; I think you need to be very tall and slim to pull that kind of style off, as I think satiny fabric can be very unflattering, likewise high necks.

I agree that pics of you in it would help 🙂

Post # 16
    68 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

You might want to redo the poll… your poll has the Venus first and Dere Kiang second, but you placed the picture of the Dere Kiang first and the Venus second. Definitely confusing and I think your poll results will be messed up because of the confusion. 

The topic ‘In love w/ a dress that others don’t care for really’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors