(Closed) In love w/ a dress that others don’t care for really

posted 10 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which would you choose as THE dress? (Punta Cana destination wedding)

Dere Kiang 11052 (strapless white gown)

Venus ve8089 (ivory gown w/ shear jewels)

• Post # 20
    1332 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I like both, but I feel like the 2nd one would be kind of uncomfortable for a wedding in punta cana (i don’t really like stuff around my neck in humid weather, but that might just be me!)

Post # 21
    2649 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2002

the 2nd dress, venus – is not at all what id imagine or hope for when having a tropical/destination wedding. as pretty as it may be. the dere kang i also liked – its very fun! you can even look at tony bowls.. he has one very similar to the dere kang that i liked more. 

Post # 24
    743 posts
    Busy bee

The first one is far betters for a destination wedding

Post # 26
    2357 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

Funny because I think the flowy silk would be beautiful for a destination wedding, but I don’t like the ruching so I picked the first one. 

Post # 27
    424 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Second one! That illusion neckline is gorgeous!

Post # 28
    263 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I disagree with many of the pp, but I often tend to, hehe. I think the 2nd dress, venus, would be perfect for a tropical wedding. I think bookworm88 got it right- the soft silk would be so much more comfortable, and I can see it flowing so pretty in a tropical breeze! 

Post # 29
    89 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

The venus is beautiful and elegant but for a wedding in PC the Dere Kiang is more appropiate and looks beautiful and more fun while still being elegant.

I say go with the one that feels right. Its your wedding and you want to wear something that makes you happy. 

Post # 30
    2051 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2006

OMG I’ve never seen a dress like that second one. It’s beyond beautiful. I voted for #2.

Post # 31
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Based on the pics #2 dress is STUNNING! I need to see both of the dresses on you to give my vote!

The topic ‘In love w/ a dress that others don’t care for really’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors