(Closed) In love w/ a dress that others don’t care for really

posted 10 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which would you choose as THE dress? (Punta Cana destination wedding)

Dere Kiang 11052 (strapless white gown)

Venus ve8089 (ivory gown w/ shear jewels)

• Post # 35
    2246 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

@garaninc: Both dresses are beautiful and in all honesty, I think you should wear the one that you feel the most beautiful in regardless of what other people think. After all, it is YOU that will be wearing the dress, not them. Go with what willl make you happy.

Post # 36
    439 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

while i think the 2nd dress is gorgeous, first 1 seems more appropriate for Destination Wedding in punta cana

Post # 37
    7038 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

Which one will be easier to transport on a plane and get the wrinkles out of? Also, which fabric does the best in the tropics? Both really important concerns! You don’t want sweat rings on satin in all of your pictures!

Also, your wedding is almost 2 years away…purchasing a gown now really leaves you vulnerable to dress regret and buying a second gown out of haste!

Post # 38
    144 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

First one for sure!!

Post # 40
    121 posts
    Blushing bee

I like the first one.

Post # 41
    243 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

the second one is so classy and hollywood , i love it

Post # 42
    6580 posts
    Bee Keeper

Both gorgeous but I prefer the 2nd one.

Post # 43
    339 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I actually love both of them so I completely see why you are torn!  So, here are my thoughts:

Dress one- beautiful!  The only thing is that the skirt is more “modern”.  Ask yourself, when I look back on pictures, will I think “wow, that was trendy?”  Or will you still say “I look classic.

Dress two- so glamorous!  Like the other bees said, without a picture of you, it’s hard to tell.  I think that satin can sometimes be hard to wear because it may accentuate you in places that you don’t want to be accentuated.  Since it is more form fitting in the front, make sure that you are comfortable with the way it looks.  

Post # 44
    129 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@garaninc:  you already know I love the first since it’s my dress too. 🙂

It’s super fun and light weight. I know we haven’t seen you in it and I see what you mean why, but you said that you were told to wait which is good as well but remember it’s your wedding and the dress that you have to wear… so if that’s the dress that you keep coming back to and see yourself in Punta Cana wearing thatn don’t let anyone else influence your decision. It wasn’t my mom’s first choice, but she saw me in other dresses and whenever I put Dere Kiang back on they noticed how I light up in it and it was for me, so she accepted it.

I hope you’ll go with what you want for you and post lots of pictures, after the wedding! 🙂

Post # 45
    91 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I like the first one. Go with your gut.

I am having the same issue. I am in love with a dress that no one elses likes but it’s your day and ur dress. You have to be happy.

Post # 46
    135 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

i really like the first one

The topic ‘In love w/ a dress that others don’t care for really’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors