(Closed) Destination brides, I need your help!!!

posted 9 years ago in Destination Weddings
  • poll: Where should we have our destination wedding?
    Las Vegas : (4 votes)
    17 %
    Jamaica : (18 votes)
    78 %
    Other-Explanation below : (1 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 17
    198 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

fresitachulita – “Vegas is so done” – What does that even mean?

I’m Canadian and have ties to both Jamaica and Vegas. I have been vacationing in Jamaica for the last 3 years and will go again this winter – I love it and have made many amazing friends. I’ve never stayed at a resort here…we’re not ones for AI…we have always rented villas through Silver Sands so I cant be any help with that area but I have to say I cant see myself ever visiting Mexico again! You cant go wrong with Jamaica ๐Ÿ™‚

I love Vegas and find it so much fun, there is never a day without something fun to do. We chose to have a Vegas wedding because I wanted my guests expense to be minimal. For them to go to Jamaica would have cost them much more than double and I really wanted my family and close friends to be able to be there. The whole experience was perfect for us and almost all of our guests are asking about a 1 year anniversary party in Vegas next May. We had our meet and greet, bachelor/ette parties, wedding/dinner, and day after brunch all within 4 days.

I think you should talk to your Fiance and decide on what type of feel you want for your wedding. A pro/con list like you said can really help. Good luck!

Post # 18
    214 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

We’re getting married in Jamaica but not at an all inclusive. It became very apparent to us as we were researching places that we wanted a small, intimate resort to get more personal attention for us and our guests. We get more free reign in making choices for our entire weekend instead of just choosing standard packages that 5000 other couples have had. 

Post # 19
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Same here…my mother is a travel agent and we have both been to many resorts in Jamaica and know what they offer…Resorts list wedding packages that you can do but they will work with you into making yours original by adding and deleting stuff to your liking…plus my guest feel good to know that everything is included with their price and don’t have to pay out of pocket for each and every meal or drinks. 

Post # 20
    16 posts
    Newbee

I suggest if you do an all-inclusive to go to an adult only resort…My cousin got married at a family resort and there were kids running around everywhere and you could here them screaming and playing as the wedding was going on…an adult only resort is more intimate and romantic and the staff caters to you and your guest more.

Post # 20
    16 posts
    Newbee

I suggest if you do an all-inclusive to go to an adult only resort…My cousin got married at a family resort and there were kids running around everywhere and you could here them screaming and playing as the wedding was going on…an adult only resort is more intimate and romantic and the staff caters to you and your guest more.

Post # 21
    5 posts
    Newbee

Jamaica is always the destination. I guess you will have a great time here !

Post # 22
    26 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I am getting married in Jamaica. Not at the resort, but am staying at the same resort as most of our guests and then, the day after the wedding we are going to a different resort ‘up the road’ for our private honeymoon! Best of Luck!

Post # 23
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: October 2012

SO my Fiance and I were kind of in the same boat looking at Destination Wedding between an all-inclusive such as Jamaica, cruise ship, or Vegas. We originally decided to do a Destination Wedding to keep it smaller since I have a huge family so it should be no more than 40 people for us.

We had originally loved the cruise wedding idea but then I didn’t like the fact that we would be enjoying our honeymoon time with everyone so we would want to still do a honeymoon after the fact. So we thought it would be better to spend about 4-5 days in Vegas, Get married and then we are planning on taking a short flight to LA on Sunday morning after our wedding and Cruise to Cabo for 7 nights just the two of us ๐Ÿ™‚ That way we get the best of both worlds!

The more friends and family we talked to, the more people we could get to come to Vegas also. We live on the east coast so paying for the flight is the most expensive part of going to Vegas and people can go all out or not, its completely up to them. But with the cruise or all inclusive in Jamaica they HAVE to pay the money.

Anyways, the more Vegas things I look at, the more excited I get. We want our wedding to be a huge party and then be able to escape from it all the next day. There are certainly pros and cons to both and you just have to really look at what is important to you two.

We aren’t getting married til next October but we are planning it at Treasure Island and they have amazing packages for ceremonies and receptions ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck with the decision making ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Destination brides, I need your help!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors