(Closed) Destination DIY brides – Hair & Makeup

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
5242 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m having a destination wedding next year and I’m planning on doing my own makeup cause I really dont like when someone else does it as I’m afraid to look like a clown! I will get my hair done as the place I’m going to charges a reasonable price for a wedding hairstyle. It will be up to my bridemsmaids if they choose to get there hair done or to DIY it.

Post # 4
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m a destination bride too. I’m so doing my own hair. No one can style my multiracial hair but me. It would cost about $300 for my hair and $200 for my nails at the spa at the resort we are getting married at! I’m not paying that much it’s CRAZY!!! I want big loose curls and I want my makeup to look like an enhanced me. I hate having my makeup done because they either make me look old or like a hooker. I personally don’t like any shade of makeup unless it’s a very light natural looking pink. It sucks because I want the bridal treatment but I don’t trust anyone enough and don’t have the opportunity for a trial. Plus, at $150 a pop, trails are too darn expensive! I might have my nails done but $200 is ridiculous! I normally pay no more than $60 for both a mani and a pedi!!! WTF?

Post # 5
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We are all staying in beach cottages so I think we are going to delegate one as the DIY station. I want beach waves and natural makeup for my beach wedding and everything on the island is RIDICULOUS $$

We are thinking about getting nails done, we found a spot that does “mini manis” for about $20..it would be cute for pics, and I always mess my nails up..especially after being at the beach a few days prior and trying to plan everything

Post # 6
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@PrettyInInk_85:  I remember reading a similar question on another message board a little while ago and mostly everyone said that the salon at the resort, etc. recommended the brides to wear their hair up – humidity, wind etc.  With that said, I am not planning to wear my hair up – I had originally wanted beachy waves, but I think I am going to pull it to the side and have some loose curls there with my hair flower.  The resort we are getting married at nickle and dimes you for everything, but I think the price of hair and make-up was pretty reasonable $45 and $55.  I do plan to let the resort do mine, as it is included in my wedding package – but if I dont like my makeup I will be sure to tell them or to just do it myself.  Was thinking of doing a make-up trial run the night before to see how it would go….If you do consider letting the salon at the resort do your hair – take pictures of how you want it done.  Thats what I plan to do.

@Broken Biscuit – WOW thats alot of money for nails!!

Post # 8
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I would definitely find another bride to help you out.  $75 is alot to help you into your dress.  Where in Jamaica are you staying?? 

Post # 9
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Two of my friends did my hair and makeup. We practiced my hair 2 times before we left and it was really easy to do by the time we got down there. I would definately consider putting your hair up in some way. The day I got married was SO windy that if my hair hadn’t been in a side pony you wouldn’t of been able to see my face at all. A lot of my family members ended up having a wind blown look in all the pictures. So definately keep that in mind when deciding on your hair!

The topic ‘Destination DIY brides – Hair & Makeup’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors