(Closed) Destination wedding decisions

posted 8 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

If it’s going to drive you crazy not to see it, then you should definitely wait.  If you have a good email rapport with the people at the venue, you could explain that you are 99% sure that you want it, but you are having trouble committing signt unseen.  Make sure they know you are coming out next month, and they might be willing to let you know if anyone else expresses serious interest in your date before then (so that you can jump on it).

Be sure you are ready to place you deposit when you visit next month.  And since you are making the drive up there, I’d have a couple of other venues in mind to look at, as well as some local catererers, bakers, photogs, ect….might as well get a lot of bang for your buck.


Good luck.  Planning from afar can be really challenging…

Post # 4
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Yeah, I feel the same way as you. We are actually taking a trip to cancun this summer so we can go check out some venues because i want it to be perfect lol. 

Post # 5
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Since its the end of next week, I say wait.  Even if you needed to change your date, you would be better off knowing you love it.

The topic ‘Destination wedding decisions’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors