Post # 1
So we have decided on a destination wedding at an all-inclusive resort in Mexico! We haven’t started with anything yet – but I would like to know how everyones destination wedding went and where you had it. I’m interested in hearing about your wedding costs, what guests paid to come, how long you stayed, how many people came to the wedding, price per person just for the vacation alone without the wedding, best time of year to go, how it turned out, where you stayed, what package you picked, did you get “married” in the US first?.. EVERYTHING! 🙂 I’m excited to start planning a hopefully stress free wedding! Thanks beeessssss!
Post # 2
I had my destination wedding in Jamaica at Couples Swept away. The process is easiest if you use a wedding travel agent. I used Pam Gramling 305-283-3228 and she was great. Its no cost to you and it helps with all your options and organizing your group. We probably paid about $3-4k for a week stay and the wedding package. We went in May so it was considered off season so it was a little cheaper. The resort was amazing and our pics came out beyond beautiful. We did get married in the US first and then did a “symbolic” wedding in Jamaica. It was just easier that way for us because each country has their own rules about getting legally married on site. Pam can tell you the rules Mexico has, I believe you have to be there four days prior to your wedding for the paperwork purpose, if you legally get married in Mexico. Hope you have a beautiful wedding!
Post # 3
I have been to two destination weddings at the Grand Sunset Princess in Riviera Maya Mexico & they were the least expense DW’s I’ve attended as a guest, and the most beautiful! Honestly, cannot say enough about my experience there!
ETA: I went once in January – nice, and once in May (hot – exactly the way I like it), the cost per guest was approx. $1500 but they do packages where every 12th guest that signs up is free – so the bride & groom can take those “free guests”, and distribute the savings back to all the guests!
Post # 4
I had my destination wedding in Cabo San Lucas last June at the Sunset da Mona Lisa restaurant. I did not do a room block as it is usually cheaper to book flight and hotel together on sites like expedia and travelocity. I found a great deal for $500 per person including airfair at the hotel we were staying at so most people booked that and stayed a week. We arrived on Saturday and the wedding was on Monday so everyone had the rest of the time to do what they wanted. We had about 30 people come which is what we expected and I wouldn’t have had it any other way!
I was going to be a lot more expensive to get legally married in Mexico so when we returned we did a small backyard thing with our grandparents and were legally married then. Overall it was a great experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Let me know if you want any info about vendors, cost etc. and I’d be happy to help!
Post # 5
We are in the very early stages of planning a cancun wedding. Our friends got legally married in the Dominican and they said getting the proper paprework for the wedding beforehand and getting everything translated afterwards was an absolute nightmare. Now they tell everyone to get legally married in the states so you don’t have to deal with the paperwork headache!
Post # 6
A wedding is considered one of the most important days in a person’s life.
Post # 7
Post # 8
I had a Destination Wedding in Mexico. I’m from Canada and my DH is from the USA.
- I’m interested in hearing about your wedding costs, – I did a very detailed post on cost breakdown when I got home which you can find in the archives here somwhere. Basically, i spent about $20k on my wedding all in and about $8000 of that was the cost paid to the all inclusive for ceremony/reception type of things.
- what guests paid to come – we said that we wouldn’t do it unless we were asking people to spend under $1300 all inclusive for a week (including flight). we met that goal. I’m sure some people spent more if they upgraded their rooms or didn’t take advantage of the packages we pulled together.
- how long you stayed, – we stayed for 1 week, same as most of the guests
- how many people came to the wedding – 65 people at the reception
- price per person just for the vacation alone without the wedding – see above
- best time of year to go – if you are from a cold climate, guests will likely want to go in the winter so they can get away. the weather is great in Mexico in the middle of winter. We happened to go in May because that’s what worked for our people and honest it was too hot.
- how it turned out, – turned out great, am very thrilled with our decision
- where you stayed – our wedding was at the Now Amber in Puerto Vallarta
- what package you picked – don’t know what it was called, but we got the biggest package and added on as needed
- did you get “married” in the US first? – yes.