(Closed) Destination Wedding Photographer Jan 2014

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
2095 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@alley08:  Wedding Bee can be viewed & joined all over the world but just remember no US photographers, unless they were not born in the US, can go to Cuba. It’s against the law. 

Post # 4
5242 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@alley08:  Yayy Cuba!!! I’m also getting married there in a month πŸ™‚

Post # 5
4770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Coral99:  Not true.  Any american can co to Cuba, they just go through Canada and Mexico

Post # 7
2095 posts
Buzzing bee

@Atalanta:  “Transactions related to tourist travel are not licensable. This restriction includes tourist travel to Cuba from or through a third country such as Mexico or Canada. U.S. law enforcement authorities enforce these regulations at U.S. airports and pre-clearance facilities in third countries. Travelers who fail to comply with Department of the Treasury regulations could face civil penalties and criminal prosecution upon return to the United States.”

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1097.html#entry_requirements

Post # 8
4770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Coral99:  yeah but it dosn’t mean people don’t.  Lots of Americans go to Cuba like that.  Cubans know not to stamp US passports.

Post # 9
2095 posts
Buzzing bee

@Atalanta:  I’m not saying they don’t. Re-read my original post. I wanted the OP to know it was illegal in case she didn’t. πŸ™‚ She then specified they would leave from Toronto. Obviously, people can do what they like… It doesn’t mean it’s not illegal. 

Post # 11
1762 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@alley08:  +1 I agree 

Post # 12
5242 posts
Bee Keeper

@alley08:  No not the same resort and in a differnt part of Cuba but still in Cuba!!!! I love it there!!! I’m also departing from Toronto to πŸ™‚

Post # 14
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@alley08:  This is my photographer, I don’t know what he charges for destination weddings but he was shooting a wedding in Mexico this past weekend. Here is his website, he’s easy to get a hold of. And he provides all photos. He’s located in Oakville Ontario so pretty local πŸ™‚

http://studiowali.com/

Post # 15
5242 posts
Bee Keeper

@alley08:  I love Cuba so much and I go there every year! We decided to use the resort photographer because I couldnt imagine spending $1200+ on flying a photographer down. I guess photography isnt too important to me and I needed to save money since I have almost 70 people coming to our wedding!!!!

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hi Alisha,

I am located in Kitchener so flying out of Toronto would not be an issue. Also I am offering wedding packages free if travel is covered. Included is also your engagement session as well as a trash the dress session in Cuba.

If you would like to arrange a consult in person please email me at [email protected] or visit my website at http://www.dynamicvisions.ca

The topic ‘Destination Wedding Photographer Jan 2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors