Dress arrived today while I was at work! Checked with DHL tracking, and it had been signed for at home by my fiancé! I was very anxious to get home from work and to be really dissapointed… But I kept my expectations low and I got home there was a small package on the bed….
My friend came over (my mum lives interstate, so no mum to see the dress! But we got her on the phone and sent her pictures), and my friend helped me get into the dress.
It looked super long so I got some platform heels on and slipped into it. First thing I noticed that the corset/bust inside was very well lined and very well made. as well as a bit of bust padding, there was a ‘bra strap’ on the inside to secure it a bit better around the back. My friend panicked a bit that she wouldn’t be able to zip it up, but as it turns out it was actually a bit big.
Overall, I am pleasantly (and a little excitedly) impressed! There are a couple of things that need changing (and I need a petticoat to try with it) but I think they are very minor changes, and it could potentially be a winner!
Things I want to change:
– the peplum skirt part has a white lining (like a second layer), and when my friend and I held the layer up, the lace really stood out. I’d like take get that’s white layer removed so that the peplum is just transperant lace
– one side of the peplum at the front is longer than the other, which just needs to be taken up at the waist a tiny bit
– too big in parts – needs to be taken in at the waist/under bust, and the bust area is gaping and too big (and I’m a D/DD!) and needs to be a lot tighter. Skirt seems more fit and flare than mermaid, so I would like to take it in mid-thigh so it’s more ‘mermaid’
– needs a damn good steam iron!!! Very crinkled on the skirt, which images it hard to judge.
– satin bow belt needs to be made smaller to fit my waist.
– sateye edging on the sweetheart neckline is ‘folded’ over so it looks uneven, needs stiffening somehow and ironed
Not sure if its worth getting another one made (another $134) or get some pricing for the alterations? I think once it fits better, I put on a petticoat and veil, I will be able to decide. Overall, it’s totally growing on me and I think I’ve got myself a Good bargain!!!!
(ok, give me a minute to upload the photos separately, trying to work this out on the ipad!!)