Post # 1
- 5 chicken breasts (bone or not)
- 8oz grape or apricot jelly
- 1/2 cup of Western dressing
- 1 package onion soup mix
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Mix jelly, dressing, and soup mix in a separate bowl
- Put chicken breasts in deep baking dish
- Apply mixture to chicken breasts
- Cook for one hour, turning the chicken halfway through
Voila! It sounds weird, I know. But it’s good!
Post # 3
What is Western dressing? A salad dressing? BBQ sauce?
Post # 4
@itsmle: I think its a regional name for French Dressing. or maybe a variation of french dressing.
Post # 5
Post # 6
@JaneyDcat: I think its a midwest thing, not a US thing necessarily. I have lived on both coasts and can say I have never noticed it. I only know it from, well I am not even sure how I know what it is…
Post # 7
I was going to ask about the western dressing too, thanks for the info.
I’m intrigued by this recipe!