(Closed) Diamond dilemma .90 ct princess cut or 1.00 ct

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 19
1613 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Another vote for the 0.90 ct!!! It will be stunning, and even holding a 1 ct next to the .9 its hard to tell the difference…go for the quality! & CONGRATS!

Post # 20
581 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Just for perspective, mine is a cushion, .89 ct, and people think it’s “huge.” So I doubt anyone would be able to tell that you were shy of a carat.

Post # 21
1577 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

One more vote for going under that 1.00 ct mark.

My diamond is .97 ct, D colour, SI1, ideal cut (round brilliant).  We went with SI1 because like

View original reply
@Nat_can said, you can’t see the imperfection because of the cuts. 

So saving by going under 1ct, and a bit more included; we splurged on the colour, we’re both very colour-aware, and anything below a D was too “warm” fo us.

That would be my advice. Figure out which of the 4 C’s you DON’T want to compromise on, and then give a little on the other 3.

Post # 22
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

100% most DEFINITELY go for the .90. It will sparkle more, and you can’t tell the difference between a .9 and a 1 ct.

I found these pictures showing the “difference”

Post # 23
365 posts
Helper bee

I hope you don’t mind my chiming in: have you looked at the online website diamonds? On pricescope a lot of the posters seem to like blue nile, James Allen, and Union Diamond.

Those two stones you pointed out will have less than a .25mm difference, so they will look about the same size. Go with the cheaper one! 

Also, if you don’t mind searching a little more, I found these for you:

1.00ct H color VVS1 with a Very Good Cut for $3,800:

http://www.uniondiamond.com/control/showDiamondDetails?productId=AE0340054

1.10 H color VVS2 with an Excellent Cut for $3,793:

http://www.uniondiamond.com/control/showDiamondDetails?productId=AE0214770

1.20 H color VS2 with an Ideal Cut(!!!!!) for $3,500:

http://www.uniondiamond.com/control/showDiamondDetails?productId=AE0326084

I don’t work for them or even want a diamond, I’m pushing for moissanite, but my girlfriend’s Fiance  got a diamond from here and it appraised for over double of what they payed for it. I think she got a 1.5 H VVS2 Ideal round cut for about $5,000 and it has those little arrows in it! So jealous!

Post # 25
365 posts
Helper bee

Congrats! Your stone looks beautiful! Cant wait to see it in a setting!

Post # 26
4410 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Savannah, GA

Go for the .90.  Once it is mounted, no one will be able to tell that it is less than a carat. 

Post # 27
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - ceremony at a gazebo outside, reception at neighboring restaurant on a lake

View original reply
@Helloemi:  This links didn’t work for me.  Those are great prices.  I wonder if those are GIA graded or not?  The GIA grades are the best and are usually thousands more since the requirements for each step up in grading are stringent. 

Post # 29
3226 posts
Sugar bee

Definitely go for the .90! The difference is so small. 

Post # 30
4474 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

The difference is so marginal go for the smaller better quality one.

Post # 31
4712 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1998

The difference is so small that you should go with quallity for sure

The topic ‘Diamond dilemma .90 ct princess cut or 1.00 ct’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors