(Closed) Diamond Eternity Wedding Ring: 100% or 75%?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
8515 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’d definitely go for 3/4ths for resizing purposes.

Post # 3
1140 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Mine is even more than 3/4 – just left a small sizing bar at the bottom. But I definitely wouldn’t go full eternity – you want to be able to resize it!

Post # 4
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I always have this worry that my stones are going to catch on something and scratch it or fall out. And I have a half eternity. With a full eternity, I think I would be even more worried. I also had one jeweler tell me that full eternities are likely to scratch up your steering wheel.

However, on the other end, full eternities can spin around as they please and never look like they’re upside down. So if you’re OCD about that, the 75% could be an issue.

Post # 5
1080 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

My engagement ring goes 75% of the way and I love it.  It has the effect that it goes all the way around but I don’t have to worry about knocking diamonds out.  My wedding band is the same.

Post # 6
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

I think it’s a matter of personal choice. Personally I like the look of full eternity but it might not be most practical.

Also I know the usual opinion is it can’t be sized when it is full eternity. However I have heard of rings being sized before. Check with your jeweler to find out for sure if full eternity can or cannot be resized. 

If it can’t, go with 3/4. Or if you want to save money, go with 3/4. 

Post # 7
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Lake Louise Canada

Full eternity has one benefit – it can spin around all day and still look great. But when I look at the bottom of my e-ring and see how much more wear it has after the first year, I’d be way too nervous to have diamonds under there. What if I grab a doorknob too hard and my prongs bend and loosen my stones! Unlikely but I’d always worry.

Post # 8
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I vote for the 75% also

Post # 9
2979 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Full is good if your rings spin and/or you hate adjusting them and/or can’t stand the look of it being lopsided. Since it will never look any different.

That said, I still prefer 3/4. I dont like grabbing doors and feeling the stones rub against the metal. I dont like driving and feeling the stones digging into the steering wheel. It’s even uncomfortable when you clap if you have a ring on teh other hand! It’s also easier to re-size should you need it.

Post # 10
1595 posts
Bumble bee

I have both – my engagement ring is about 80% around -shared prong. My wedding band is 100%. I like the 80% for me engagement ring because the main diamond is always facing up – no need for diamonds on the bottom (plus, I did get it resized). For my wedding band, I like it going all the way around – I never have to think about it or turn it. No regrets.

Post # 11
877 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

My wedding band is going to be 3/4 of the way around.  I chose this for resizing purposes because mine is custom so I won’t know how it will fit by itself or with my band until it’s done. I’m also worried about the excess wear and tear on the diamonds themselves since I’m clumsy.  The good thing is my jeweler said that I can do full eternity anytime down the line if I choose to. Win/win.  I would ask if that’s an option.

Post # 12
880 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Mine is 3/4. I didn’t want to worry about stones falling out or the prongs catching on stuff. Also, I wear gloves at work and it just seemed like it would constantly snag.

Post # 13
2175 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Unless you’re high-fiving people really frequently I can’t think of any benefit to a full-eternity.  But I like food enough to know that by the time I’m 80 it’s pretty likely my rings will need to be resized at some point.

Gorgeous set by the way!!  Your e-ring is stunning 🙂

Post # 14
212 posts
Helper bee

While I love the FULL circle, I got mine like…50%. So when my fingers are closed and hand is out (like when you show off your ring) the band diamonds appear to cover everything, but the bottom is open. You really can’t tell it doesn’t go all the way around unless i show you in detail. Plus there’s less bits to worry about falling out, and cheaper is always better 🙂

Post # 15
745 posts
Busy bee

I would not do 100% around due to sizing issues & how rough I am on the bottom of my rings. 

The topic ‘Diamond Eternity Wedding Ring: 100% or 75%?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors