(Closed) Did anybody buy/try-on Allure C166?!?! With Pics?!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Ohh pretty!! I didn’t try it on (would have if I saw it though) but I had a similar experience… fell in in LOVE with the Allure 8750 in a magazine/online and tried tons of dresses on before I found it at boutique…  LOVED it on me as well! πŸ™‚  Maybe this is “the one” for you, too!  (My dress is in my pic in case your curious)

Post # 7
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Thanks! πŸ™‚  I think your dreams are a sure-fire sign that you need to go try the dress!!  Good luck!!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hi! I tried this dress on last Saturday at Rosalin’s Bridal in VA and it looked amazing! Just a little about myself, I am a 34B-27-36 am 5’3 and weigh 120 lbs.  I initially was looking for a mermaid type gown that would show off my figure and had a beautiful dramatic train, since I’ll be getting married in the church and my guests will be staring at my behind the entire time, I figured it would be nice for them to have something pretty to look at! WinkI would have never tried this dress on my own accord. The owner of the salon actually picked it out for me because she thought it would look great on me and it did! 

The dress has definitely got that “WOW” effect. The top/bodice is very fitted with a one shoulder strap with a sweetheart neckline. The floral detail is beautiful on the strap but simple as to not take away from the skirt. The skirt is beautiful and is full and dramatic with all the ruffles and feather details. It is STUNNING! I THINK this may have ended my dress search because I felt glamorous and beautiful. It’s definitely not your typical wedding dress and it’s very fashion-forward. If that’s the look you’re going for, this dress might be the one!! Unfortunately, no photos were allowed to be taken, but if you can take my word for it I think it’s worth driving a couple hours to try on! Good luck!! 

Post # 9
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Hi anne! Sorry I dont have pics- the dress shop didnt allow them. I tried this dress on today! I’m in love ; ) Its my dress. Im pretty excited. The price point is 1600-1800. Im only waiting for one dress to come in….

http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Fall/2010/Style-3050

after this one comes in- I will know if  the  allure dress is the one. The Lazaro is about twice the price- but i kind of like the bottom ruffles a bit more. Who knows what it looks like in person.  But honestly- The Allure gown is amazing. Very pretty and fun! I felt sexy and very fun ; ) And with my taste- Im having it completely strapless. My advice- find a shop that can ship it in and they will credit you the cost to your purchase. Or just make the drive- its really worth it.

BTW-

InspirationUnfolded is SOOOO RIGHT….She could not have put it better ; )

“The dress has definitely got that “WOW” effect. The top/bodice is very fitted with a one shoulder strap with a sweetheart neckline. The floral detail is beautiful on the strap but simple as to not take away from the skirt. The skirt is beautiful and is full and dramatic with all the ruffles and feather details. It is STUNNING! I THINK this may have ended my dress search because I felt glamorous and beautiful. It’s definitely not your typical wedding dress and it’s very fashion-forward. If that’s the look you’re going for, this dress might be the one!! Unfortunately, no photos were allowed to be taken, but if you can take my word for it I think it’s worth driving a couple hours to try on! Good luck!!”

Post # 10
41 posts
Newbee

I just left the bridal store, I went specifically for this dres….IT IS MY DRESS. I have tried dozens and dozens on, and just could not find what i was looking for. This dress is gorgeous, I like a very glamorous look and this gives it! I think you have to have trendy style to appreciate this, it won’t be for everyone’ taste. It is the only dress that gave me tears and it was comfortable!!

I not a stick thin girl, I have curves, and I am only 4’11”…so if this looked good on me, I would 100% recommend the drive to try this on! I snuck only 2 pics on my camera phone really quick (i AM BAD!) but I wanted to remember it, and hey if we are willing to pay they should let us! i hope this helps you!

[attachment=1258544,160235] [attachment=1258544,160236]

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee

It is so worth it to drive to see this dress…. i drove three hours yesterday, it was the third dress i tried on, and i promptly ordered it!!! You will LOVE it :):)

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@AnneTossy:

Hi anne,

I know the feeling I fell in love with this dress and couldn’t think about anything after. I did get to try it on and take a picture, so I will post it to the message. This dress fits just like a glove and its not too heavy. All I can say about it is GORGEOUS!!!

[attachment=1406105,178768]

Post # 14
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@ken4unik: that dress was made for you!

Post # 15
648 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

My sister just bought this dress, but they wouldn’t let her take pics. :/ She loved it as soon as she saw it.

Post # 16
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I bought this dress in St. Paul, Minnesota. I got it for $1199. It was a steal considering the suggested price is about $1800 I believe. Here are a few pics of me in it. It was love at first sight! By The Way, I’m 5’1″ and about 140lbs. Good luck!

[attachment=1503134,190043] [attachment=1503134,190044]

The topic ‘Did anybody buy/try-on Allure C166?!?! With Pics?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors