Post # 1
Our original plan was to go on a honeymoon the week after our wedding. However, we recently found out that my fiancé will probably be starting a new job a few months before the wedding, so we are hesitant to book anything. For those of you who postponed, how long did you wait?
Post # 2
I had a NYE wedding, but I’m a teacher so I couldn’t take off after. We did a quick weekend away for a few days, and then did 4 days in Vegas in February for my 30th birthday…but our actual honeymoon was 6 months later to Mexico!
Post # 3
heyitsnicolelee: We eloped and were planning to honeymoon in Thailand later that year, but then I got pregnant, so honeymoon is now indefinitely postponed. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn’t wait
Post # 4
We’re getting married in June, but are backpacking for our honeymoon for a couple of weeks in August. That’s when the weather is best for the trail we’re doing and my job is busiest in the early summer.
I know other people who have waited around 6 months. I think it’s 100% up to you – personally, I think over 1 year wouldn’t feel like a honeymoon anymore, but you do what’s right for you!
Post # 5
We got married in September and are planning our honeymoon for this May/June.
A honeymoon is whatever and whenever you make it, there’s no time limit I feel.
Post # 6
We’re marrying in September and likely honeymooning in late November. Beachy places often have poor weather in September and October, so we have decided to wait a few months.
Post # 7
A friend of mine is getting married in January and won’t be going on her honeymoon until June/July – they want to go to Europe and wanted to wait until it was summer there so the weather would be nicer.
We are still undecided if we’ll be postponing our honeymoon or not. We’re getting married very early December 2016 and plan to go to New Zealand. We’re a little concerned about being able to get time off work that close to Christmas (although my boss has already said it’s fine without me asking) and about it being expensive to travel then. My step mum, who is from New Zealand and travels back there regularly, says that the prices really only go up the week of Christmas so we should be safe. If we postponed, we would probably go in February or March 2017.
Post # 8
We had to postpone ours because my husband was hit by a car while cycling and had surgery 5 days before our wedding. It was a rough time but we were just so happy he was ok (and that he was able to make it to our wedding, despite the pain), that the honeymoon seemed very secondary. My brother is getting married on NYE and we are teachers so we are going away on March break (our wedding was in August). I’ll be 6 months pregnant when we finally go on our honeymoon but I’m still really looking forward to it! My husband has informed me he will “take one for the team” and drink for 3. Lol.
Post # 9
My bff got married in August and wont honeymoon until Jan/Feb. So about 5-6 months after nuptials
Post # 10
We’re marrying in October and probably won’t go on our honeymoon until May/June because of what we’d like to do for it, but there will probably be a weekend/overnight getaway or two between then. Mini-moons, if you will.
Post # 11
we got married in september, went on a mini-moon 3 weeks later (disneyland) and went on our real honeymoon (hawaii) in december.
Post # 12
We got married in July, but my moms health wasn’t the best and passed away last month so we haven’t gone on our honeymoon yet but will probably wait until the spring
Post # 13
heyitsnicolelee: We’re getting married in September. We are both in school so we are waiting until winter break to go on our honeymoon (December). It’ll give us a bit more time to save a little more money and we’ll get to go some place warm when it is normally cold in our area (North East, US)!
Post # 14
I am not married yet but we are getting married August 2016 and we aren’t going on our Honeymoon until November 2016. We are planning on going to Hawaii and we like going away when its cold where we live (Canada) and warm somewhere else. Another issue we are facing is the Canadian dollar, we might have to postpone even longer if the dollar doesn’t get better 🙁
Post # 15
heyitsnicolelee: employers should usually honour any prior commitments (at least, they do in the UK). That said, we chose to delay ours by 2 months, as a) it was significantly (ie about 50%) cheaper, as our wedding was in the school summer holidays, and b) we liked the idea of having something to look forward to after the wedding.
We did however book the Monday off work, and stayed at our venue the night of and night after the wedding, which was nice. If you need to delay quite a while, you could always consider doing something similar, or having a ‘mini-moon’ for 2 nights locally the weekend after.