(Closed) Did anyone watch “William & Kate” on Lifetime last night?

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
3520 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Yes–I thought it was cheesey, but was still glad I watched it. 

Post # 4
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

I did! Aside from the bad acting, I’m surprised that if this was a really close adaptation of their life that she went back to him so easily. It sounds like he was a real jerk to her. I knew they had broken up, but I wasn’t really sure why. I would’ve kicked his butt!

Post # 5
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

i just dont understand why they would make a movie of them

Post # 6
2742 posts
Sugar bee

I honestly can’t wait for them to marry and for the breathless anticipation to be over. BUT it will not be over because there will be more breathless anticipation for their child, who might be a girl..then they’d try for a boy. And one to spare! The next few years……….. oh, I didn’t watch it.

Post # 7
677 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I’ve been hearing about it all day from one of my cowirkers. She’s so into it! It’s kind of cute how excited she is for this wedding, she is taking the day off to have a tea party with her sisters and they are all going to watch the wedding and wear tiaras. Ok, she didn’t call it a tea party but I am calling it that – they’re going to have high tea and wear tiaras! It’s a little weird for grown women but still cute!

Post # 8
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I didn’t and to I won’t… but I’m curious enough to ask… what did he do?

Post # 9
1144 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Yeah I’m a bit obsessed with the Royal family. I’m born on the same day/year as Wills (hahahahaha that’s what Kate calls him) so in my head we’re related. Even though I’m American and black. Don’t judge me! lol

I watched last night and it was super cheesy. I read in People that they had to write the script based on a lot of speculation about their relationship because they are so private and no one really knows all that went on with them. So I don’t know how accurate the movie was…

I’m taking the day off to have tea with my Mom and watch the wedding. We’re not wearing tiaras though. lol

Post # 10
1144 posts
Bumble bee

@CorgiTales: he pretty much pushed away to go and be a bachelor and live it up with his friends. So pretty much he behaved like most guy in their mid twenties who are afraid to settle down. He eventually relaized what he had in Kate and went back to her and she took him back. I didn’t think she took him back to easliy though, she played hard to get for a while in the movie.

Post # 14
1144 posts
Bumble bee

@Shirinjoon: The whole breakup made them a lot more relatable in my opinion. I know Kate isn’t the first and won’t be the last girl to go through that. And I agree with her, a break up will make you rezlize you are a lot stronger than you think you are.

Post # 15
1556 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Had I been home alone, I’d have watched it, but there is no way I was going to admit to my husband that I wanted to see it, so I skipped it.

I had read really bad reviews before it aired…that the accents were bad, that “England” looked suspiciously like California, that the vehicles drove on the “wrong” side of the street.

Still, I’d have watched it.

Post # 16
1144 posts
Bumble bee

@Neva: the actress who played Kate her accent was horrible as were the sets. It felt rushed. I think it would have been better to wait until after the wedding to make a movie but I still watched it and enjoyed it for what it was.

The topic ‘Did anyone watch “William & Kate” on Lifetime last night?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors