(Closed) Did you & your FI talk about marriage before he proposed?

posted 10 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Did you two talk about getting married before he proposed?

Yes! We went and picked out rings together !

Yes, but his proposal was a total surprise.

Marriage was an unspoken truth. We both knew it was where our relationship was heading!

Once or twice but not seriously.

Not at ALL!

• Post # 17
    1046 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

We talked about it constantly; such by the time he proposed we were both so ready for and so ready to start planning for the wedding. However, the proposal was a complete surprise.

Post # 18
    2401 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

We talked about it for awhile before he had proposed. Unfortunately the proposal wasn’t much of a surprise but it was still one of the best moments of my life. 🙂

Post # 19
    7975 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

We talked a TON about marriage! But most of those conversations had very little to do with a ring (which ultimately has very little to do with marriage, so I guess that makes sense…), so I didn’t find an option on the poll that I felt fit our situation. 🙂

Post # 20
    158 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

In 2007 when Fiance and I first got together he told me he knew i was supposed to be his wife….but he  was gonna give it some time because it seemed too good to be true basically. But he made me a promise that he would ask me in 2009 and he did! proposal was a surprise though. All through the winter season he had been telling me he wouldnt be able to afford a gift because money he was tight for him. The on Christmas morning (at my peoples house) he said he made me something. The something was a song, a rap actually about some stuff from our relationship and the end of the song was my proposal =)

The topic ‘Did you & your FI talk about marriage before he proposed?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors