- Wedding: May 2019 - City, State
I will be doing my own makeup and hair – I did hair and makeup semi professionally for theatre, and I know what I’m doing.
I hate strange people touching me, especially my face. I don’t want someone up close and personal with me on my wedding day, it will just push me over the stress ledge lol. Doing my own makeup is a stress reliever, plus I want to look like myself on my wedding day. I know what looks good on me and what doesn’t, I know what I like and what I don’t.
If you decide to do your own:
– do your own makeup trials. find a look you want to recreate, and practice so much you could do it in your sleep. Also…time yourself once you get comfortable doing it then add 30 minutes, and that’s the time you should allot yourself on your wedding day.
– splurge a little on professional makeup. if you have products that are your go to’s and you LOVE them, keep those, but for the products you kinda just get because you haven’t found something better, well now’s the time to experiment and find something better.
– DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use SPF or anything with SPF on your wedding day. It will reflect light in photos and make you look washed out and ghostly. That also goes for HD powders. Just don’t do it.
– Use waterproof mascara, even if you don’t like it normally. (Unless you’re getting lash extensions) That last thing you want are racoon eyes. Even if you don’t cry, you’re gonna sweat and eventually mascara will start running and crumbing.
– Invest in a heavy duty setting spray. I really like Ben Nye Final Seal Matte Sealer. You’ll feel it more than a typical setting spray, but it’s worth it.
– Do not skip contour and blush. You might think it looks like too much, but in photos, you will regret not doing it.