Did you fulfill your 2016 New Year Resolutions?

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 2
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Very little. I wanted to buy a car and stop drinking soda. Legit I’m currently in an Uber with three two liters. 

The only thing I did do was listen to new kinds of music. 

Post # 3
3903 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

LittleButtons :  bahahahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

No.

2016 was the worst year EVER. Ok maybe 2nd worst. 2000 was way worst.

Post # 4
5049 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

I don’t usually set resolutions but going into 2016 I was determined to lose weight and about a month in I came down with pneumonia directly followed by the flu which dashed all those dreams and set me back.  So no accomplishments here.

Post # 5
4253 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

One of my big resolutions was to do something that scared me.  I “came out” with the fact that I have Crohn’s disease to all my friends and family via social media.  It was one of the best things I could have ever done for myself.  Crohn’s affects me daily and I was hiding it for 10 years trying to cope without others knowing about it.  Now I’m out and proud about who I am and it absolutely helps people to understand why I decline social invitations, why I need to use the bathroom 15 minutes after I was already there, and why I always know where bathrooms are in new places.  πŸ™‚ 

Post # 7
1542 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I think I did OK especially with my reading resolutions. I prefer goals though.

Post # 8
9688 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

Nope. My resolution for the past few years has been to lose weight and I’ve always failed. I’ll make the same resolution for 2017 but I have new motivation this time around so I’m feeling pretty confident – Darling Husband and I have been talking about starting TTC in 2018 so I really want to make sure I’m as healthy as I can be when we do start which mean losing a lot of weight in 2017!

Post # 9
3903 posts
Honey bee

LittleButtons :  There are “FUCK 2016” tshirts out there. Cause globally 2016 was a complete train wreck. Personally the ONLY 2 good things that happened in my and FI’s lives are the birth of our niece in Sept and a small promotion for him in Oct. Otherwise it’s been a fucking shitty year, deaths, money problems, work problems, me being diagnosed with GAD after having an anxiety attack at work, eventually leaving that job and now only having a tiny income from a pt job (hense the $ issues) , and the cherry on top was me realising (almost 2 months ago) my mother has some strong narcissistic tendensies that as am now realising have had deep and ugly effects on me and all the wonderful issues I’m dealing with now are mostly due to the damage that was done… and us not speking for almost 2 months now.

Post # 11
3903 posts
Honey bee

LittleButtons :  thank you and I’m sorry about your dad.

Post # 12
4232 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

This is the first year in a long time where I can say YES I DID!

Completely decorate and furnish the condo we bought in Decmeber 2015? CHECK

Pay off student debt? CHECK

Pay off and cancel one of my two credit cards? CHECK

Save up at least $1000? CHECK

I don’t know how or why I had it so ‘together’ this year, but I pulled it off πŸ™‚

Post # 14
480 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

My resolution was to take care of myself and continue to be healthy. Nailed it. I’ve had a great year with a lot of changes. This new year I have set intentions, such as being more assertive, being kind, being thankful, and to treat myself kindly.

Post # 15
1273 posts
Bumble bee

Nah, didn’t make any. If I want to change, it will take more than a new year to persuade me it is a good idea.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors