(Closed) Did you get the center stone size that you wanted?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Did you get the center stone size that you wanted?
    Yes, and I regret it. : (15 votes)
    3 %
    Yes, and I love it. : (257 votes)
    57 %
    No, and I wish I did. : (55 votes)
    12 %
    No, but I love it now. : (48 votes)
    11 %
    I had no preference, but I wish it was a different size. : (18 votes)
    4 %
    I had no preference, and I love it. : (60 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 93
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

I told my fiance before he proposed what setting I want…and how my center stone should be..

he didn’t know anything about diamonds; and he was actually happy that I told him what color, clarity, and carat size I want to get..I also told him that he should  get a GIA certified diamond..

He got exactly what I asked him for..and I am totally happy πŸ™‚ (it is oval … 2.2 carat colorless, GIA diamond…VS1 clarity..)

Post # 94
    1834 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Mine is a 1 carat heart shape centre stone and I love it πŸ™‚

Post # 95
    4655 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I had no serious preference, but sorta hoped for around half a caratish and got exactly that in the center black diamond I love my ring!

Post # 96
    5373 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014

I really wanted 1.25 ct and that’s what I got πŸ˜€ I def wouldn’t change it for any other size

Post # 97
    2651 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Catholic Church

I never looked at rings, I had no idea of stone sizes (and still don’t), and have no idea what size my stones are. I love my ring. The only things I ever specified were white gold and not too big a rock.

Post # 98
    528 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

.75 in a double halo split shank. 1 carat looked too big! My hands are already short and tiny! The woe’s of being 4’11 πŸ™

Post # 99
    392 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I tried on several ring’s and I’m a size 5, which is on the small size.
    1ct was way to big for me so I tried on a 1/2ct and thought it looked really nice and then tried on a 1/3ct and left it up to my Fiance. I thought he was going to get me the 1/2ct but he thought the 1/2ct was to big for the type of life style that we have and thought that the 1/3ct looked nicer on me and very girly. I was a little upsest, but I still love my ring very much so.!!

Sorry if the pictures are big.

Post # 100
    4474 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I knew I wanted a1ct sized stone, but SO and I didn’t like the idea of thousands for one stone, plus we liked the idea of color, so I got a lab created sapphire.

Post # 103
    1430 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

I wanted nothing bigger than a carat and was secretly hoping for a .75 carat centre stone. And that’s exactly what my Fiance got me. So I love my ring, it’s the perfect size. I think if it were any bigger, I’d feel it would look awkward on my hand, lol.

Post # 104
    473 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
    @jdhall89:  Same with me. I have a 1ct moissanite and I sometimes wish I had gone for a 0.75 ct. I think the size might feel more fitting as I get older, though.

Post # 105
    4474 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @mrspinesol:  yes, 1.5, faces up at 6.5mm

Post # 106
    3657 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2000

@mrspinesol:  I wanted to stay deliberately below 1 C because once you cross that line the $$$$ jumps up. So “near” a carat was better to me than 1.01 carat.

The topic ‘Did you get the center stone size that you wanted?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors