(Closed) Did you get your dream ring?

posted 9 years ago in Rings
  • poll:
    Yes, I told him exactly what I wanted/We picked it together. : (221 votes)
    45 %
    Yes, I dropped hints! : (63 votes)
    13 %
    No, it was out of our budget but I got one very similar. : (43 votes)
    9 %
    No, I dropped hints but got something totally different and I love it! : (24 votes)
    5 %
    No, so I told him and we exchanged it/will exchange it. : (11 votes)
    2 %
    No, but I'm keeping it. : (20 votes)
    4 %
    The proposal was a surprise and it's exactly what I would've picked. : (51 votes)
    10 %
    The proposal was a surprise and it's not what I would've picked. : (15 votes)
    3 %
    I didn't have a 'dream ring' in mind. : (47 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 62
    186 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Here are pictures of the two styles of rings I really really wanted. As much as a wanted a yellow sapphire halo ring, it was a little pricey.

My actual ring looks a lot like the 3 stone ring I told him I wanted. We went to a trunk show together, where they brought in some settings a loose sapphires. I picked the stone, and gave him a few setting choices from the show.

Post # 63
    81 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

My friends gave him an idea of what I wanted and he had the ring custom made. I had no idea he was proposing and am still shocked that it happen. I absolutely adore my ring and couldn’t have done a better job picking it out!

Post # 64
    99 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Yes, I got my dream ring. We went shopping for rings months and months before he proposed because he wanted to get me just what I wanted. We found it at Tiffany’s and he got it custom made for less. Heres my 1.2ct platinum halo beauty. 

Post # 65
    4932 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I thought I wanted a pear shaped diamond in a halo setting. My Fiance and I had  discussed rings and he told me to email him some rings I liked. I spent months looking at pear rings and then I saw mine….I liked that it was different to everything else I had seen…..but was hesitant that it was an invisable set centre…..I kept looking at other rings but kept going back to mine.

I finally emailed my Fiance the link one morning….he then called me to ask why I had sent him a ring that was sold…..I was heart broken…..he told me to keep sending some other pictures….. cheeky bugger….he bought my ring….i didn’t know he got it until he proposed!!!

Post # 66
    1065 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I told him what I wanted and we also looked at rings together, but I wouldn’t say it is my “dream ring.” 

Before we started ring shopping, I thought I wanted a blue sapphire.  There weren’t a lot to look at so I started looking at diamonds and got really caught up in the whole thing.  At the time, I would have said that my dream ring would be a solitaire with a center stone at the same quality, but a bit larger.

Now, I feel sort of guilty that we spent as much as we did, and I think I like sapphires better.  I sort of regret getting so caught up in the diamond thing and making the choice I did, but I’ll never tell him that.  Diamonds have crappy resale value anyway.

Post # 67
    101 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

We compromised. The band I originally wanted was $2000 alone but I wouldve had to get a smaller center stone. My Fiance always liked the classic look of a plain solitaire so with a plain platinum band I was able to get the bigger size stone that I wanted!

Post # 68
    7321 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

Ok, well mine is pretty close to my dream ring. But if it was my ULTIMATE dream ring, it would have a full halo of pink diamonds. But I still have 2 in there to represent our daughters, so a nice little piece of my dream ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 69
    510 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 1993

He got me my dream shape in a bigger diamond than I expected, but he added diamonds to the band when I wanted plain.  I’ve grown to love it and now it’s my dream ring.

Post # 71
    19 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2012

We didn’t talk about marriage at all before the proposal, which came after we were living together happily for one year. So when he read my mind and popped the question at the perfect time I was thrilled – but he didn’t have the ring yet.

The next day we drove to town and picked one out together. I insisted he take part in this because I had always felt I’d like my man to pick my ring, as it’s his gift to me. 

However, I totally see that being there saved me from dealing with any disappointment if he got my likes totally wrong. He’s a smart guy!

He talked me into admitting I loved this ring, which was the most expensive and the most traditional looking of the ones I liked with its center stone. He put it in perspective by telling me that it was what he might spend on “a really, really nice gun.” LOL

So I got more than I wanted, I guess, since I had no idea what I wanted in the first place!

I will never take this off! I had to give it up to the jeweler to get the matching white gold band made and I missed it terribly.

Post # 72
    110 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I can’t say I received my “dream ring” because I never really had one. I knew I always liked princess cut, white gold and solitaires but that’s about it – and I never confided this to Fiance. My best friend told him though when he was thinking about proposing, and he ended up getting me a 3 stone beauty instead with a center princess cut stone and two side trapezoids in a white gold setting – pretty darn close! And turns out, I actually really love 3 stones which is a bonus ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 73
    1844 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I have too many dream rings but mine is exactly what I asked for! I love it! <3

Post # 74
    861 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

We went ring shopping together, and I didn’t really know what I wanted but I tried on a dainty and delicate ring that was so different than all of the others. I kept thinking I wanted a halo, but then I kept leaning towards the solitaires–it just happened ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 75
    18 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I got to pick my ring out so of course I love it!

Post # 76
    136 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I did get the ring of my dreams. I had dropped hints and showed pictures throughout the years. He went and designed it on his own and did an amazing job ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Did you get your dream ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors