(Closed) Did you have a feeling it was a boy or a girl before it was confirmed?

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 31
Member
7800 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

From the moment I knew I was pregnant, I knew it was a boy. DH knew, too, but was afraid if he said anything “it would switch” (talk about superstitious!). So he wrote it down and sealed it in an envelope (and was correct). We were right with all three of our kids with our guesses or intuition (though I suppose we had a 50/50 chance each time). 

Father-In-Law, however, was POSITIVE that our last child would be a boy. We even told him that an ultrasound had confirmed it was a girl, but he could not be swayed. He bought all sorts of boy toys and clothing and told us we would be happy to have it when we found out the ultrasound was wrong. He could not believe she was a girl after she was born!

Post # 32
Member
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I had a feeling that my baby was a girl and picking boys names didn’t sound right to me. Found out I’m having a baby girl. Knew from the start. 🙂

Post # 33
Member
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - The Garrison, NY

When my mom was pregnant with me, she was convinced I was a girl. She even went as far as buying dressers full of clothes, decorated the nursery. All pink everything. My dad told her she better save the receipts! I ended up being a girl. She was right!

Post # 34
Member
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Everyone was convinced it was a boy but found out at scan it was a girl! 

Post # 35
Member
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I felt for sure I was having a girl and so did everyone else! My mom, grandma, my Father-In-Law and my husband’s grandma and aunt all said girl. We were all right 🙂

Post # 36
Member
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We both had a gut feeling and we were wrong haha!

Post # 37
Member
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
Mrs. Meowerson :  aw congrats. I think our due dates are a few days off

Post # 38
Member
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
sweetchiquita12 :  me + my husband are keeping the gender a surprise until birth. Me and my mom were convinced it was a girl up until my 12 week scan when she saw my husbands resemblance in the baby’s profile. Everyone in my family that we’ve asked have guessed boy based on how I look (face + stomach). My face looks pretty much the same and my stomach is a little ‘bloated’ beer belly looking. Even my husbnad is convinced it’s a boy so I think I’m brainwashed into thinking it’s a boy too now. I just wish the guesses wouldn’t be all for one gender and be more mixed since if it is a boy everyone will say I told u so instead of being surprised. I’ve also heard you’re sicker with boys then girls which hasn’t been the case for me (I had no morning sickness, I would only throw up at nighttime) but I’ve heard it go the other way too. We shall see

Post # 39
Member
83 posts
Worker bee

I had a dream about 8 weeks into pregnancy that I gave birth in my truck outside the hospital and walked out holding the hand of a little boy ( strange I know lol) Well dreamland was right and we have a 12 week old son.

Post # 40
Member
899 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

We are team green due in March. I was convinced boy 98% boy. Went for our 20 week scan and at one point the tech said she (although I don’t think she was down that end at all to see or if she was it was a split second glance) then I thought hang on what if it is a girl and I looked at our earlier scans and if the nub theory is correct it’s a girl. However I don’t really go for the nub theory being right so now I’m 50/50. I feel it’s probably still a boy but the tech slipped my suspicions and I’m now 50/50 as to what it is. 14 weeks 2 days till due date! 

Post # 41
Member
145 posts
Blushing bee

I thought from the start boy, but not 100%. The majority of my family said boy- and he will be born in May!

Post # 42
Member
4226 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

I am 27 weeks pregnant with baby #1. I thought I was having a boy…but that could be ‘wish fulfillment’ because DH and I really wanted a boy! Though we were originally ‘team green’, at our 20 week ultrasound the technician let it slip she thought it was a girl. Now, the technician was basing this on the fact she couldn’t see a penis NOT because she got a great view of a labia…so in my mind right now its a 75% chance of girl 25% chance of boy. 

So we will just have to wait and see!

Post # 43
Member
1285 posts
Bumble bee

I was convinced it was a girl too – but had a boy!  So glad I did too 🙂

Post # 44
Member
728 posts
Busy bee

My parents didn’t want to officially know with me but everyone was telling them I was going to be a boy. The nurses said my heart beat was a boy, realtives/friends said my mom was carrying like a she was having a boy, they even called into this radio show once where they had a “physic” guessing genders (weird I know) and said I was a boy 

But guess whattt, I’m a girl

Post # 45
Member
9204 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
jjbeebee :  I’ve been feeling like it’s a boy (although at 8 weeks I’m probably full of it) and then last night I dreamt I had a girl! I’ve had baby dreams before, even before I got pregnant, and they have ALWAYS been boys. I’ll be curious to see what if my gut or my dream is right come July. 

The topic ‘Did you have a feeling it was a boy or a girl before it was confirmed?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors