(Closed) did you have the 'moment' with your venue?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
  • poll: Why did you choose your venue?
    I had a 'this is it' moment : (94 votes)
    69 %
    The location was convenient : (7 votes)
    5 %
    The food was good : (1 votes)
    1 %
    The price was right : (14 votes)
    10 %
    It had a good vibe : (20 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 32
    2023 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@MsGinkgo:  We traveled to where we wanted our wedding to be several times the first year of our engagement and eventually because of $ we decided to get married in my parents town.  I actually had them do the searching for us since they lived there and wanted us to get married there from the beginning.  They did good.  Really good.  I was shocked and i LOVED it.  I really wanted a venue that was inside but you could also walk outside onto a veranda and have a view or something.  They delivered!!! It has a veranda and its on the sound! 🙂

Post # 33
    1585 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

It’s funny. I didn’t get the gut “this is it” feeling with my dress, but the minute I walked into my venue, I had small butterflies and it just felt RIGHT.

Post # 34
    1475 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Yes, my fiance and I both loved it and didn’t want to look anywhere else after we saw our venue. It is gorgeous and I can’t wait for my wedding in 2 months!

Post # 35
    1668 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I was actually so impressed with our venue that I cancelled the rest of the appointments to see the other venues we were considering. We were pretty sure it was going to be the one we picked – but I had the “this is it” moment after I met with the on-site coordinator, who is a goddess. I knew the reception area was perfect, and I had eaten the food there before and knew it was top notch. But the coordinater is wonderful.

She is so completely in control and detail oriented. We have had several friends get married there and the weddings are always PERFECT. 

Also, and this is going to sound stupid, but when I saw the bathrooms I was over the moon. They’re gorgeous, like hardwood stall doors and long upholstered benches in front of dressing room mirrors. I know that sounds dumb, but I was so excited that even the bathrooms were perfect.

Post # 36
    5152 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014

We ended up booking the first venue that we went and saw. It was SO pretty and the people were SO nice and professional. My Fiance even said, “Let’s book it!” after we saw the first room (though he maybe had no interest in actually visiting any more venues).

We looked at 7 other venues after that… they just didn’t compare. People were rude, “forgot” about our appointments, or were too “wedding factory” like for me. One owner  was shocked when I said I didn’t want to share a bathroom with another bride and her entire wedding on my wedding day. 

We narrowed our choices down to 2, and then went  one night to visit the two again back to back. It was VERY clear who the winner was at that time! 

Post # 37
    5152 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014

Sorry, double post!

Post # 38
    360 posts
    Helper bee

I did, not only because it is different and totally what we wanted (we are getting married in a theater) but the price was great too!

Post # 39
    119 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I teared up when we walked through our soon-to-be reception venue.

Post # 41
    424 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I know I won’t be the norm here, but I didn’t see my reception venue until 10 days before my wedding.  I panicked when I saw it (there were 48 tables and we only needed 26.. and they weren’t even the tables that were going to be there the day of!), but the day of when it was all set up, I had my “moment”. 

Post # 42
    514 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

We looked at only a couple of venues, and we definitely had a “this is NOT it” moment or two. 

We went to our venue on a whim, and everyone was smitten. I would say, yes, we had a “this is it” moment. 

Post # 43
    207 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Because of all the other reasons in the poll, I had my moment! Our venue is so perfect for us! I hope you find your perfect place, too!

Post # 44
    770 posts
    Busy bee

I didn’t have a “moment” like the WIC said it would be, where I imagined myself having the happiest day of my life at this venue and the birds sang and the clouds parted.

Rather, after weeks of dragging myself to run-down community center after community center, I finally visited my venue. It was a beautiful mansion, where I could bring my own catering, and cost less to rent than my town’s ugly senior center. No brainer. The elation I felt at finding such a rocking deal was my “moment.”

Post # 45
    3400 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I saw my venue online and thought it could definitely be the one.

Then I called and inquired about the price and nearly spit out my wheaties in horror.

But then I got my bearings together and visited the venue and realized I would most definitely sacrifice other things to make this place mine for that special day. The location was absolutely perfect, we could bring in ourside catering and alcohol, and it is simply beautiful. I could not have created a better venue in my own head.

Best decision I made. I feel like my venue is “me” in a building. I’m sure anybody at the wedding who really knows me will feel the same way. It’s understated elegance, with a vintage minimalist feel. Seriously, I LOVE IT!

Not to mention, when you get the right venue, you can save money by not having to decorate nearly as much. I think that if I had gone with a lesser venue I might have saved $500 tops just based on how much more decorating I would have had to do, & it still wouldn’t have been nearly as nice.

I did want to add though, that not having a “moment” doesn’t really mean anything. I didn’t have a “moment” when I tried on dresses, so I don’t think it’s necessarily a requisite.

Post # 46
    2902 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

Nope we don’t even get to visit ours as we are on the other side of the world. Just have to look at pics and hope for the best. 

My friend is getting married at Sunnyside Pavillion in Toronto, have you looked at that place?

The topic ‘did you have the 'moment' with your venue?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors