(Closed) Did you let your groom see your hair & make-up after your trial?

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: Did you show your FI your hair and make-up after the trial run?
    Yes, he won't remember anyway. : (36 votes)
    67 %
    No, I kept it a secret! : (9 votes)
    17 %
    I'm not sure yet. : (9 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 3
    583 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I would say it’s more important to find out if the hairdo has staying power than to avoid letting Fiance see you. If it’s a choice between taking it down early (and maybe having it fall early on the wedding day) and spoiling the surprise, go ahead and show him. It probably won’t look EXACTLY the same anyway.

Post # 4
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I let my Fiance see me after my hair & make up trial. As a matter of fact, we had our engagement photo session right after. It didn’t matter much to me because it’s the whole package that I want him to see. He’ll forget all the bits and pieces anyway. 

Post # 5
    309 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I had my hair trial last week and I let him see it. (If you want to see it, take a look here)

I don’t think he won’t remember, but I think it will look a lot different with a wedding dress…

By The Way: Since I won’t let him see the wedding dress, I at least wanted to know if he likes my hairdo!

Post # 6
    117 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I haven’t had mine yet (wedding still a year away!) but I will let him see when I do – because I want to be sure he still feels I look like ‘me’ – don’t want him feeling like he’s marrying someone else on the day!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 7
    606 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

My trial is in two weeks, on a Saturday and in the early morning.  There is no way I could go the day without seeing him.  I figure it won’t be exactly like the wedding day and I won’t be having my makeup done at that time so the full effect won’t be there. I would LOVE to not show him so it could be a huge surprise but I just don’t see how it would work.

Post # 8
    7975 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

I didn’t check a box on the poll, because yes, I’ll ‘let’ him see – but it’s not because I don’t think he’ll remember. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s just not a very big deal to us. Plus I’ll want his feedback, especially since I NEVER wear make up (literally maybe 3 times for costume parties in the past 6 years).

Post # 9
    472 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I had my hair and makeup trials last Friday and he begged to see when I got home.  My 7yo came up with the idea of ‘redoing’ my hair as a joke so we pulled down the back and called it my “wedding mullet”.  He tried so hard to be sweet and supportive but finally broke down and told me he hated it!  I had to admit we played a joke on him ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 10
    4765 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

I’m sure he’ll see it, just because we spend so much time together that he’s bound to see it anyways – it’s more important to me to see if it will last all day! Plus, he won’t remember what it looks like, I’m sure!

Post # 11
    2404 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

yeah i’m sure i’ll show him when i get home…. he won’t remember, ha! he also hates, hates lipstick on me so i want to see if he thinks what i’m wearing is too dark. (seriously he hates lipstick!)

Post # 12
    10367 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

Wow, I hadn’t even thought about this – good point! My trial is the day before the wedding (we’re getting married away from where we live), so he probably will see me! May even be at the hotel while it happens…hmmm…

Post # 13
    5496 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2010

I had my hair and makeup trials a few weeks ago (seperately) and he saw both. It isn’t a big deal for him or I because I didn’t have both done together and didn’t have the dress on.

Post # 14
    1684 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2010

I’m trying to time my hair & makeup trial for another friend’s wedding. We have a lot of the same guests so a ton of people will see it but I don’t mind. I’m guessing if it can withstand me jumping around and dancing as a guest at a wedding all day it’ll stay for my wedding too. I’ll just add the flowers to my hair on my wedding day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 15
    2856 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

I did show the hubs my hair and makeup trial once it was completed. I wanted him to see it to get his input and he definitely gave it to me. Good thing though because I actually agreed with some of his suggestions. So when the actual day came, I shared my thoughts to my artists and they happily made the changes. Worked out great!

Post # 16
    2634 posts
    Sugar bee

He’ll be seeing my make up trial – I’m having it the day of our e-pics!  I don’t know if I’ll let him see the hair trial or not – probably I really do like his opinions on that stuff.

The topic ‘Did you let your groom see your hair & make-up after your trial?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors