(Closed) Did you let your groom see your hair & make-up after your trial?

posted 12 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: Did you show your FI your hair and make-up after the trial run?

Yes, he won't remember anyway.

No, I kept it a secret!

I'm not sure yet.

• Post # 17
    2304 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I think I am going to let him see. I want to make sure he likes it!

Post # 18
    19 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I can’t avoid him seeing it since we live together!  Also, I looked so good I made him take me out on a date those days 🙂

Post # 19
    2297 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

Hmm…  My wife and I had our trials together.  Neither of us really cared about the whole tradition of not having the spouse see us beforehand in our dresses, hairstyles, etc.

Post # 20
    4194 posts
    Honey bee

My Fiance came to both my hair and makeup trials! Since we are planning long distance, I lumped the hair trial in with many other appts that day and there was no where else for him to go! So he read magazines and gave his opinion when asked. And my makeup artist traveled up to NYC for the trial and came to our apartment. He put on headphones and played Xbox, but obviously saw me once she was done 🙂

Post # 21
    1656 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I’m going this weekend with my mom. I’m not planning on having him see it but PPs make a good point about figuring out the staying power. Hmmm. Food for thought.

Post # 22
    2042 posts
    Buzzing bee

Haha I know for a fact he won’t remember or notice. I came home after my trial with two eyes done completely differently, one in tones of brown, one in blue and silver. I looked like a clown. The first thing Fiance says when he sees me, “baby, you look beautiful!” 😀

Post # 23
    345 posts
    Helper bee

yeah i’ll let him see, its not like he will remember what it looked like.. hes a guy they don’t rememer that shit

Post # 24
    127 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I said yes, but only to MAKEUP NOT TO HAIR and not because I don’t think he will remember, but because I want him to LOVE the way I look during the wedding.  I know he’ll think I’m beautiful no matter what, but, my Fiance is so use to me barely wearing makeup – tinted moisterizer, blush, eyeliner, and chapstick, so, I know if I wear just a TAD BIT more than normal he will think I look “different” not bad, but maybe not good either. 

I am so glad that I let him see my first trial, because my MOA went heavy on the eye makeup….for me… i mean if you are use to seeing you fiance wearing heavy eye makeup daily than it would have been beautiful, but the first words out of his mouth was ” I don’t like your eye makeup AT all, you look better without any eye makeup.” He was persistent on it, and wasn’t “just saying it”.

So I did a 2nd trial with the same MOA and explained the issue, she used colors that enhanced my eye color(s) (they change from blue-gray-green-teal-pale blue- to even purple) so not only was it pretty and natural colors.. buy my eye color got really enhanced and looked a pretty teal. 

When I walk down the aisle my eyes might look super blue, green, or purple (which would be great since thats my wedding color lol), so theres still an elimante of surprise, but I’m glad he got to have an opinion… that last thing I would want is to walk down the aisle and his reaction be…”wow, now that makeup makes her look different.. not in a good way!”

I say show your Fiance, they have opinions and you want to look beutiful for him…I mean its not like your FIs will ever say anything, but you know what I mean ladies.. they think it but never ever say it.. its like asking “hun do I look fat in this?” lol.

My hair though, he has seen pictures of what I want and loves the style, but he wont see my hair until I walk down the aisle.

The topic ‘Did you let your groom see your hair & make-up after your trial?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors