(Closed) Did you lose weight before your wedding? & a bit of venting!

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1235 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I signed up for a 10k as motivation. So Ive been running my ass off training for that and in turn toning up. Some days I do NOT want to workout but I force myself to. I work 60+ hours a week and I manage to work out it just takes breaking that mental barrier.

Post # 4
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I use my fitness pal and log all my calories and exercise 4x a week. With a 40 hour a week job, a 3 year old son, planning a wedding, buying a house…yeah I mean stress and responsibility is all there–you just have to push forward. If nothing else, take 2-3 yoga classes a week. I mean at least that is giving you strength, toning and calming at the same time. You sound like you could benefit from something like that.

Post # 5
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I had amazing plans to lose weight too but for some reason my goal of dropping 20 pounds never happened.  I know I’ve lost a decent bit but I stopped getting on the scale.  I just tracked my calories and watched portion sizes and to be honest I’m 2 days away from the wedding that the stress that comes with the week of, 5 pounds has melted off of me, seriously from my fitting last week to yesterday the seamstress has to take in the dress a little bit more.  I know it wasn’t the healthy way to go but I honestly have not even been hungry.  Don’t get too worked up over it, you still have plenty of time.  Make smart choices in your diet, switch out sodas for water, and if you can try to atleast go for a long walk each evening (the quiet time is great for destressing too).

Post # 6
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i lost 25 pounds in about 2 months by cutting out certain foods, eating lean proteins, and watching my calories.

Post # 7
7992 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

It depends what weight you are now. If you are a big lady, you should be able to lose a lot of weight very fast, especially if you are strict with yourself. But if you are only a little bit overweight/ not overweight as such but you want to lose a bit of spare tyre in certain areas, you will have an uphill struggle to do it in such a shirt time, even if you work really hard at it. Be honest… what is realistic for you?

The topic ‘Did you lose weight before your wedding? & a bit of venting!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors