Post # 17
I picked up mine at my final fitting 3 weeks before my wedding. I dont think you will need additional alterations if the dress is fitting you perfectly now.
My dress was full lace and steamed properly. I may have wanted them to keep it if it was chiffon or another fabric that may wrinkle more easily just in case. Also, the dress takes up a good bit of room so think about that space you will need for it.
Post # 18
final fitting went great! i had some mild concerns about two things.
1) the lace applique was peeling up in places. (this happened with my friend’s dress last year too, so i wasn’t shocked by it and it was just the corners of some of the pieces, but she assured me the seamstress would go through and make sure everything was secure)
2) there are seams showing up in these photos that hadn’t shown up in photos previously. it may have just been the lighting – which brings me to 3.
3) my Maid/Matron of Honor bailed on me at the last second. luckily our friend was already planning on going also, so i wasn’t alone. normally my Maid/Matron of Honor takes the photos at my fittings, and takes them up close a little more than my friend did this time. i honestly just don’t think the seams are something i want to stress over, i highly doubt there’s a way to ‘fix’ it and it doesn’t show in real life, just in these photos (and not in any others i’ve ever taken). so whatever.
1) i can walk in it, and they made the hem look just the way i wanted it!
2) our friend practiced the bustle, and since she’s a reader in our ceremony i now have 2 people that can do the bustle (she did it a little lopsided, but our seamstress reminded her that on the day she should start tying in the middle and that won’t happen).
3) it fits great! even if i lose a few pounds before the wedding it will still be perfect, because the waist is plenty tight to hold the dress up.
4) i’m not all that concerned about it wrinkling in the bag in the one week it’ll be stored at my apartment. even in these photos its barely wrinkled at all and its NEVER been pressed.
i’m picking it up on the 5th! aaahhhh so close!!!
here are some pics!!
Post # 19
@TwoStatesBride: Your dress is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!! Enjoy the last couple of weeks before your wedding. They will fly by!
Post # 20
@SaraP2012: thanks very much! really everything has been fairly stress-free the last week or so, so i’m doing well at enjoying it right now! just trying to organize, organize, organize! 🙂
Post # 21
My final fitting is Tomorrow (Friday)!! I am so excited, but my MoH can’t make it to learn the bustle, my mom and Dad will be there though so they will have to show her. It will be 16 days till the wedding!!!
Post # 22
I did. They had to make some minor adjustments to the bustle, but they did that while I waited. It took about 10 minutes.
Post # 23
@TwoStatesBride: Wow, your dress is stunning! I love your sash.
I brought my dress home yesterday after my final fitting… here it is (sorry for the somewhat weird angle, I had to sit the camera on a shelf and use the timer!)
Won’t be long now!!
Post # 24
@TwoStatesBride: Mine still needed work after the 2nd/final fitting (she knew it would and hadn’t closed up the seams or anything). And the shop owner always steams dresses the day you pick them up, which she tells you to do as close to the wedding as you can. 🙂
I ended up picking mine up on Thursday morning (on my way out of town), so she did it Wednesday night – for a Sunday wedding. Then it only had to hang in the living room of my parents’ house (only place with high enough ceilings for the train) for a few days.
Post # 25
@TwoStatesBride: Amazing! It looks gorgeous! Good luck and good wishes for your upcoming wedding! So exciting! I think it looks perfect!
Post # 26
@TwoStatesBride: Gorgeous! I tried that dress on and my sister wanted me to get it.
I didn’t get to take mine home 🙁 Still needs a little adjustment on the liner.
Post # 27
@Little_Nut88: oooh i love all the lace! so exciting to get to bring it home and put it on in your own house! aaahhhh!
@Jacofblues: thanks so much! its so hard not to nitpick every single little thing, but i know on the day those little things are going to go completely unnoticed. trying to focus on the bigger picture. 😉
@luverly7: ooh fun connection we have then! i had a funny experience with this dress. i really thought Maggie Sottero Mia was going to be THE DRESS. this one (the allure 8908) was the second dress i tried on, and though i loved it i didn’t feel i had tried enough dresses on (and hadn’t tried the Mia yet) turns out the Mia looked absolutely atrocious on me. it could be because i’m a size 2 and it was a size 12, so the proportions were all wrong, but it was also itchy and heavy. THEN i thought Divina was my dress – also no. looked like crap, again could have been the size of the sample, but who knows. i tried on another 11 or so gowns and kept coming back to this one.
it’s funny that i ended up with one i just HAPPENED to have a picture of but wasn’t over the moon about until I tried it on. 🙂
i wouldn’t worry about not bringing your dress home yet, i personally think the later you bring it home, the better!