(Closed) Did you sleep apart from FI the night before your wedding?

posted 6 years ago in Traditions
  • poll: Did you spend the night with your FI before the wedding?
    We slept apart and I slept fine : (51 votes)
    50 %
    We slept apart and I slept terrbily and was exhausted the next day : (7 votes)
    7 %
    We slept in the same bed and I'm really glad we did : (44 votes)
    43 %
    We slept in the same bed and I still couldn't sleep/wish we had been apart : (0 votes)
  • Post # 31
    94 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: February 2015

He slept over at his parents. I had a hard time falling asleep that night but that was totally unrelated to him. Once I fell asleep I slept like a baby. DH goes to work super early and I get my best sleep after he leaves. He snores incredibly loud, he rolls over on me a lot and he is a dang furnace. 

Post # 32
    597 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

We slept in our honeymoon suite and it was lovely 🙂 We were on vacation with both sides of our families, so it would’ve been an odd arrangement otherwise. It was nice to have some quiet time to ourselves the night before.

Post # 33
    1032 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2010

We slept apart only because of logistics!  Everyone stayed at a hotel and my makeup and hair girl was coming at 7am so I would have had to kick him out of the room at 7am and he would be wandering the halls with no place to go while everyone slept lol.  I didn’t want him to see my hair and makeup til the ceremony.  It worked out well because he got to sleep in and shower and all that in privacy without a bunch of girls in the room.

Post # 34
    9071 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

I had been living with him for almost a year at that point, so there was no point to sleep apart. We were married in our home, so there’d be no real place for me to go. When we flew back home for our wedding, I stayed with him that night too.

Post # 35
    773 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

We actually hadn’t seen each other for the 3 days leading up to the wedding! I ended up sleeping with one of my bridesmaids in the bed next to me! haha. I found a hot shower before bed (after I had shaved my legs and whatnot) helped put me to sleep. My bridesmaid and I stayed up watching Harry Potter until like 10pm and then crashed out! Of course, we had to be up by 6 so that had something to do with it. I was still a wave of nerves with the 48 hours leading up to the big day though and even while I got my hair done I thought I was gonna puke! lol. It was definitely nice the wedding night to be reacquainted with my husband! haha. And it was actually the wedding night I didn’t sleep much as it was like 2am I got to bed and we had to leave at 8am to catch a plane for our honeymoon the next morning!

Post # 36
    2550 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
    lkknight:  We slept apart but one of my BMs shared the bed with me.  Had I been alone I think I would’ve had trouble sleeping but it was nice having company.

Post # 37
    1991 posts
    Buzzing bee

We are going to get a hotel room the night before the wedding since our ceremony starts early, 11 am. We’ll sleep together but then get ready separately because we sleep terribly apart.

Post # 38
    1056 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

slept apart and I slept awful

Post # 39
    1351 posts
    Bumble bee

We both slept at home. Actually we stayed up late drinking, dancing, laughing, having a blast while finalising the playlist. It was awesome!

Post # 40
    7977 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 1997

We slept apart. I had a lot of pre-wedding pampering and preparation I wanted to do, and it was easier in a hotel without him there. I slept fine, but then again he has always traveled for work, so I’d be in trouble if I didn’t sleep well without him. I think most of the time it is nerves that would happen with or without the groom present.

Post # 41
    9565 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2015

We slept apart that night and the night before too. I slept like a baby. Thank you Xanax. 

Post # 42
    2111 posts
    Buzzing bee

My ex-DH and I slept apart.

I went to a hotel near the weding venue and had multiple cocktails with my best friend and slept like a baby!

The topic ‘Did you sleep apart from FI the night before your wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors