(Closed) Did your DH go to first doc appt?

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Did your DH go with you to your first appointment with your baby doctor?
    Yes : (51 votes)
    71 %
    No : (21 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 32
    391 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

He didn’t come to the first one because I made it when he was at work. I’m 16 weeks now and he’s been to all of them since. He probably won’t come to all of them though. Especially since the regular check up is pretty uneventful.

Post # 34
    2095 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

DH went to most appointments with me. I think he might have missed a handful throughout the pregnancy. It came in very handy towards the end when I could barely walk and I had to go weekly plus twice a week for my NST with AFI.

Post # 35
    494 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
    @rachiecakes: My husband saw the baby for the first time at 8 weeks. I’ve never seen him so glued to a piece of paper before when we saw our baby blob. After the 13 week ultrasound, I had my routine appointment. When he sat through that, he asked not to attend the quick appointments. I understood completely, so it’s not a big deal to me. I keep him up to date on the information, but otherwise, he’s busy enough with work to have to take time out for it is a bit much.

Post # 36
    112 posts
    Blushing bee

Mine is a week from today for a confirm and an ultrasound and meet the doctor appointment and DH is coming.I know he’ll be there for the ultrasound but I may have him sit out the papsmear, etc and just come back in when the doctor starts talking pregnancy. We’ll see!

I’m sure he’ll come to the big ones….and I guess he could come to all if he wanted to. He works for his dad so his boss is flexible 😉 But he may not come to every single one. I guess we’ll see what he wants to do.

Post # 37
    664 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

My husband has been to all of my appointments, but I know this is unusual.

Post # 38
    1036 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @totheislnds:  thanks for the support! just kinda sucks though, he is so excited and was so hurt he had to leave. just something you kinda wish he could be there for. my mom and i are super close & i dont want to go alone.

Post # 39
    919 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@bluewolverine:  The “pregnancy confirm” one wasn’t a real appt. I only saw the MA, and peed in a cup. No examination, no talking to the nurse, just some paperwork and an Rx for prenatal vitamins.

So… I voted no, but I wanted to vote yes because my first visit with the NP–they did the dating ultrasound and DH wanted to be there for it (and I wanted him there, too).

Post # 40
    2319 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I actually DON’T want mine with me. I don’t see the point of having him around for this. In fact, I would prefer to set this up after work hours. Or probably take just enough time off from work to go and be back. If my doc can confirm over the phone, then that’s EVEN BETTER.

Post # 41
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

Not yet pregnant, but I talked to my doctor at my annual about TTC and the first couple appointments.  My husband travels Mon-Thurs for work, so I asked when he needed to be there She told me my husband doesn’t need to be there for the first one (would be around 6 weeks) because it is just a blood test and bunch of paperwork. Then said the next would be around 8-9 weeks for an ultrasound, which would when he would first need to be there.

Post # 42
    570 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2009

Mine has come to every single one (and I believe that he plans to continue this practice:))

Post # 43
    5669 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

DH comes to every single appointment. But he is self employed and therefore can make his own schedule. I however think he should only come to the ultrasound appointments. The other appointments are just blood pressure, urine, weight, and answering any questions you may have. But DH wants to come because he gets to hear the heartbeat.

The topic ‘Did your DH go to first doc appt?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors