(Closed) Diet and Exercise – 27 July 2015 until 02 August 2015

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
11392 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2015

Good ideas! I’ve found high intensity intervals to be a time saver and metabolism booster. I do ballet beautiful daily cardio blasts for an hour 6 days a week and 10 minutes of Adrian somebody’s HIIT workouts on YouTube for free. I toss in a fit sugar arms workout three times a week. It’s been slow but steady. I wanted to lose 10 pounds and I lost 15, so I’m setting goal at 5 more . Of course, recently I went in surgery diet and I’ve lost ten pounds in a week, but that doesn’t count and I don’t recommend it. It will all come back when my appetite returns! 

So sweet of you to start a community like this, I’m sure there are plenty of bees who would love to join. 

ETA: I eat clean except for two squares of sea salt chocolate a day. The secret is not having any crap in the house and preplannnig. I eat as close to nature as I can, as it seems additives etc don’t agree with me, but I am all for indulging in real food, cane sugar and real cream if tolerated. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  BalletParker.
Post # 5
4889 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
rendezvous89:  Great idea! However, this week is all messed up with going out of town for a couple of days. But, I would love to join in next week!

I tend to get my workouts in every week with classes and cardio/strength. Next week should be easy to make sure I get my workouts in each day.

I actually keep track of what I eat (and workouts) on Spark People, and have been using that website for about 10 years now.

Post # 7
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I’ll play.

So my goal is to lose some weight, but mostly I’m more concerned about feeling good about my body. I don’t really have too many body issues, but would love to feel more fit and stronger on a day to day basis. Last year, I was in much better shape as I was doing triathlon and running regularly. This year, planning and paying for the wedding has made us cut some leisure activities and my races had to go (they get very expensive very quick). Now that I’m not racing, I am finding it really hard to find the motivation to work out. 

This week I will aim to workout 3 times. I’ve already set and early alarm for later today to go to the gym before work (I work nightshift as a nurse). I do log my food on MyFitnessPal and love the app. I’ve been very good about logging for the past month or so (with the exception of a few cheat days). 

I also aim to continue logging my food this week; and I would like to up my vegetable and fruit intake. We’ll see how we do. Small steps will eventually lead to big results. 

Post # 8
4889 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
rendezvous89:  My goals are small, as I have been slowly gaining weight since the beginning of the year (most of my work clothes, especially pants, not fitting at the moment), and nothing I have done has decreased the number I have seen on the scale or in how my clothes fit. So, ideally – I’d like to start with 5lbs. but that seems to be trouble.

I did start following the eating plan of the 21 Day Fix in April, while doing my workouts that I had been doing 2-3 times a week. But, since then… I’ve gained 3lbs. so something is up. I know if I increase the times I work out a week, that would hopefully help too. I used to be able to get in 4-5 days a week. But, life gets in the way so I do what I can. I go to Zumba, CXWORX and sometimes Barre. Otherwise, I’ll get on a treadmill and do run/jog intervals for 30 minutes. Or, else will do something at home – one of the 21 day videos, pilates or 30 day shred.

I do enjoy working out alone, even in classes when I’m with others. πŸ™‚

Yes, love Spark People. I love that you can find pretty much any food out there, and has the ease to add your own. It’s a great tool and resource of information.

Post # 12
1245 posts
Bumble bee

My goal is fairly small and I know its attainable but it’s switching gears that has been the problem. I started out with a trainer just over a year ago extremely underweight. I’ve since gained 25 lbs… maybe 30 since I can’t imagine stepping on a scale. My goals was about 20

So now I have to switch my mindset to weight loss rather than muscle gain. The trickiest part for me is diet.  This week at work a colleauge has volunteered meat (mostly chicken and lean steak) and I will bring the veggies/ salad supplies.  I’m hoping if I can do a week of healthy habits it’ll start to sink it. I’ll also likely up my cardio by an extra session a week… currently I barely do any and just lift. So an added 45mins a week should help burn that fat!

Post # 14
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I married in January. Recently started doing buti yoga (no yoga experience) and I’m the leanest I have ever been in my life. http://www.butiyoga.com You can try the free workouts on YouTube-search buti yoga in the search box. It’s such a fun upbeat workout that gives results. Best results.

Post # 15
737 posts
Busy bee

I could use some accountability. Goal is to tone up and lose ~ 12 lbs. Diet goals – no dessert, no soda, which I think are my main problems. Exercise goals – start back on couch to 5k and get to running 5k three times a week, weights three times a week.

Good luck, everyone πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Diet and Exercise – 27 July 2015 until 02 August 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors