(Closed) Different style for church & reception?

posted 6 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I would love to do two different hairstyles but unfortunately my hair creases very easily. I think it would work if you have naturally curly hair that doesn’t crease when it is pulled up. You would have to make sure that the time taking it down (and fixing any problems) is worth it to you. I hope it works! Good luck.

Post # 4
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m doing two different styles! I couldn’t decide if I wanted it down or up, so I’m having both Smile

I’m having my hair down for the first look and ceremony, then I will have it up for the reception (so I can dance without getting all hot and having my hair go flat and limp).

It’s your wedding day. If you have the time to do another hairstyle, why not!

However, as you’re going the opposite way (hair up first then down), just be aware that your hair might have kinks in it when you take it out. You’ll need to have time to go over some sections with a curling iron/straightener to ensure it looks nice down.

Post # 5
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

I love the idea of two styles but I’m not sure how it will work. Is there any way to do it down first then up? That seems like it would work better since your hair wouldn’t be creased. 

Post # 6
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Vera Girl:  Just curious! Are you going to put your hair up yourself for the reception? Or are you getting a Bridesmaid or Best Man to help? Or will you still have your hair/make-up artist around to do it?

Post # 7
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I had every intention of changing my hair on the big day. But when it came down to it, there was absolutely no time with the way our day went and my hair stayed half-up all day. Maybe you’ll have better planning? Gorgeous inspiration ideas!

The topic ‘Different style for church & reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors