(Closed) different themes for bridal shower & wedding?! thoughts?

posted 6 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
1938 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I don’t think its weird. I am having a “Secret Garden” theme wedding and my bridesmaids are thinking of having an “Alice in Wonderland-Mad Hatter Tea Party” Bridal Shower. I think its fun to mix it up like that!  

Post # 4
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I never knew that showers were “supposed” to match the theme of the wedding until my Maid/Matron of Honor and BMs asked me about it. They assumed I wanted the same colors. My wedding colors are eggplant, gold, and ivory…not really appropriate for a summer bridal shower, so they are doing light pink and white for my shower. I don’t think it’s weird at all.

Post # 5
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

im having a eggplant tangerine charcoal gray wedding.

my moh knows i want lemon yellow, tangerine orange and HOT PINK for my bridal shower.. lol my color swatch inspiration..(

Post # 6
46470 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

The theme of the shower and the wedding do not have to match.

Post # 7
399 posts
Helper bee

Maybe I missed something… why would this be wierd?

Post # 8
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Nothing weird about having two different themes.

Post # 9
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Our wedding colors are plum and dark teal with (very light) accents of peacock feathers.

We love Vera Bradley bags and couldn’t fit it in the wedding, so we are having a VB shower with a Very Berry Paisley theme.

Post # 10
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am getting married Oct 6th as well, Colors are Brown and hot pink. I’m having a butterfly themed bridal shower lol

Post # 11
Hostess
11167 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

My Future Mother-In-Law is throwing me a Cinco de Mayo bridal shower….I am not having a Cinco de Mayo wedding. No, they don’t have to have any correlation with one another and that is part of the fun.

Post # 12
10287 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

This is funny. I had the EXACT same shower that you’re shooting for and wedding that you’re having. We’re even getting married on the same day (well, except mine was a year prior but it’s still that same Friday).

I was married on Oct 7th of last year. We had a fall theme and our colors were chocolate brown, burnt orange and ivory (among a few more accents). My favorite color is pink but since it didn’t really mesh well with the other fall colors, I didn’t incorporate it at all. Instead I had a kick ass b&w damask/pink bridal shower. I’m posting this on my iPad but as soon as I can get to my laptop, I’ll post a link to my shower recap.

Post # 13
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I had no idea they were meant to match. In fact I wouldn’t want them to match at all! I’d want my wedding colours and general look to be a surprise. Having a matching Bridal Shower would almost be like spoiling it.

I didn’t even think that many showers had themes! 😛

Post # 14
10287 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

OP: Here’s a link to my bridal shower. From the sounds of it, it seems to be pretty similar to what you’re hoping for.

Post # 16
894 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I actually think it’s a little more fun to have two different themes/colors at the wedding and shower. Personally, I was torn between doing a soft, romantic color theme for the wedding or a bright, young, vibrant color theme. I went with the bright/vibrant theme and was hoping my shower would be the soft/romantic color theme that way I could have had them both but, I think my ladies are matching the wedding. It’s fine and I appreciate whatever they do but, I think mixing it up is better personally 🙂

The topic ‘different themes for bridal shower & wedding?! thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors