(Closed) Difficult Bridesmaids, Hair & Make-up

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
582 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Why are your Maid/Matron of Honor and Future Mother-In-Law picking out whos doing your hair and makeup? Its YOUR wedding day, and you should be able to pick who you want. I think the only way for you to be happy and stress free is to stand up to everyone and pick who you are comfortable with. I think if you were not happy with the first hair trial find someone else. What is the point of stressing yourself out to please everyone. This is not your Maid/Matron of Honor wedding, she does not get to decide for you. They will eventually have to get over it. Trust me if you listen to what everyone else wants youre going to stress yourself out and not enjoy yourself!

Post # 4
1260 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

First off, I would just like to say that I am also getting married in Nova Scotia (Halifax to be precise) so I just wanted to say hi to another Atlantic Canadian Bee!

Second, I agree with the above poster – while its nice that your family was able to give you suggestions of people to do your hair, don’t be afraid to find someone yourself and be assertive “Everyone, “x” hairdresser/salon will be doing our hair”. Don’t get too caught up in trying to please everyone.  They may act miffed at first, but they will get over it. And if they are real sticklers, then they can get their hair done wherever they want – you just find someone that does a good job for YOU 🙂

If you find any good hairdresser or make-up artists, let me know – I am currently looking in the Halifax area as well. Lived there for 4 years for university and I miss it sometimes from the West Coast!

The topic ‘Difficult Bridesmaids, Hair & Make-up’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors