(Closed) Dilemma-what would you do?!

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
  • poll: What would you do?
    Change and not have honeymoon : (9 votes)
    26 %
    Keep it same : (10 votes)
    29 %
    Move April : (16 votes)
    46 %
  • Post # 3
    3170 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

    I think it all depends on how close you are to these friends. If you would be really dissapointed that they weren’t there then you should do it the second week. If it isn’t that big of a deal to you then just do it without them.

    Post # 4
    249 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

    Moving the wedding to april seems like the win win situation.  If waiting 6 months isn’t a big deal to you or your Fiance that seems like an easy solution.  If you do mind waiting that long… don’t.  you’ll resent the whole situation.

    Personally there is no one outside of my family that I would let dictate whether or not I had a honeymoon.  BUT that’s just me.

    Just think about 20 years from now:  which will you regret more?  your friends missing your wedding or you missing/greatly delaying your honeymoon?

    Post # 5
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

    If they are important friends, then I would move the wedding to the second week. Howeverm you can still go on vacation for the whole 2 weeks and jsut do a honeymoon before you get married. If your Destination Wedding location is on a beach you will be nice and tan for your wedding, which would be a plus.

    Due yo the way life works, I will not have time for a honeymoon after my wedding (we will be moving and my Fiance will be starting a new jobs). So instead we are just going to go on a “honeymoon” a few months earlier when we both have the time for it.

    Post # 6
    2556 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

    I think I would keep it planned, as is, but that also depends on how much work you’ve put into planning so far (and how hard it would be to change things around).  Maybe your friends can find a way to make it work — I don’t know about their time off situation.

    But, if you’re ok with delaying a honeymoon, then go ahead and change the week (you can always go ona  honeymoon a few months later).  I wouldn’t push it out until 2015 though.  But, that’s just me

    Post # 7
    11268 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

    @wwbga:  personally, i would have the date so that the majority of my guests can attend, keeping in mind that not all of them will be able to attend.  talk to your guests and find out who will be able to attend and when.

    Post # 9
    7683 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

    @wwbga:  if you go that route, just be sure that you don’t burn and peel. 

    Post # 11
    9951 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

    I’d put it off to April…

    Reason one, sounds like more people can come.

    Reason two, you get the romantic honeymoon after the Wedding experience (I am and Encore Bride, and have been married 2x… Honeymoon immediately following Wedding is an awesome experience because you are just sooo over the moon to begin with)

    Reason three… guessing you might be looking at the Caribbean for your Destination Wedding / Honeymoon.  October is still HIGH Season for Hurricanes.  April on the other hand has awesome weather.

    Hope this helps,


    Post # 12
    1238 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

    @wwbga:  I would move it to the 2nd week & only have a few days honeymoon & take another honeymoon later if you can afford to.  If you move it 6 months there may be other firends who cannot make it due to other reasons.  In syaing that I pushed my Destination Wedding back 6 months as 3 close friends couldnt make the first date, then 2 out of the 3 did RSVP yes but the other couple still couldnt :-). And i was timing mine for school holidays also.

    Post # 13
    365 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

    I would honeymoon first so to speak!  We did a Destination Wedding, but we had the wedding on a Saturday so the most people could attend.  We also needed to be there ahead of time to run through a bit of logistics.  My Darling Husband could only get 1 week off.  So, we just honeymooned before everyone else got there.  We have no regrets and enjoyed it very much.  Good luck to you!

    Post # 14
    2091 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

    Switch it to April, so you can have everything you want. I honestly think the honeymoon is the best part because you can unwind and enjoy yourself without the stress of the wedding… It is only 6 months away, and that will fly by!

    Post # 15
    207 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

    I have said keep it the same as it doesn’t matter what date you choose, it will always clash with someone. So choose a date which suits you and your Fiance, not for anyone else.

    The topic ‘Dilemma-what would you do?!’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors