(Closed) Disappointed (FMIL & FSIL)

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1963 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I don’t have any advice. But I just wanted you to know I read this and I am sorry you aren’t feeling the support you need from FI’s family. Sending you a giant hug!

Post # 4
1638 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@MrsN2Be:  Since your dad offered to help, I think it would be a hurtfull thiing to elope. I say accept the money from your Dad and plan your Destination Wedding wedding they way you want to. Or if you elope, have your mother and father present and maybe your Future Mother-In-Law and Future Sister-In-Law. If you elope, don’t leave your parents out.

Post # 5
1414 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am so sorry about this mess….

People like that(like your Future Mother-In-Law and FSIL) will talk and gossip weather there is truth to what they are saying or not.

I know that it is hard but TRY to not let it get to you.

Post # 7
247 posts
Helper bee

Not sure if this is possible for you, but what about a small ceremony (so your parents could attend), then go out to a nice restuarant afterwards. I agree with a PP who said it may be harder on your father than he would ever admit. I’m also a daddies girl and although I know he just wants me happy, he would really have a hard time if I eloped. A friend of mine did a small private ceremony and than dinner afterwards at a beautiful restauraunt. The place reserved an entire section so it was just the group of us. She wore a wedding dress (which she wore to her reception dinner months later), her father walked her down the aisle, etc. As far as guest list there was just an intmate selection of the people they felt mean’t the most to them. Plus, we all paid for our own meals. They needed to postpone the huge wedding but didn’t want to postpone being husband and wife.  It would give you the ability to call your fiance your husband and the option to have the party later. 

Post # 9
1470 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Do what YOU want to do!!!  Dont spend all that money to please other people, you will just regret it and be wishing for that special day to be over with, then all that hard earned money will be gone.  I think you have a great idea! Elope, do the legal stuff here and have your dad walk you down the asile!!  Good luck, this is about you and your future husband enjoy the engagment and the wedding, whatever you decide to do!  Please dont do something to please other people, thats not what its about!!!  Anybody who loved you both would support you 100% even if they were dissapointed they would still support you and what you both decide

Good Luck, go with your gut and you heart!

If your Future Mother-In-Law wants her friends to come then she needs to pay the bill for them, or you can tell her that you want to keep it small and intimate for just the closest of family and that is that!! Dont let her bully you, its sad that she is not respecting what you and your Fiance want!

The topic ‘Disappointed (FMIL & FSIL)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors