- 7 years ago
- Wedding: February 2012
Please help Bees, i’m sooo stressed and the people I love are sick of hearing about this…
On getting engaged in Nov ’10’ I instantly asked my two best friends from high school to be my ‘maids’- I didn’t really even have to ask, it was assumed (but i did ask and it was the perfect excited girly moment i wanted it to be!! I also asked my sis to be my MOH-perfect…right??
Well from that moment on its been a disaster…i’ll list,
- They offered to buy their b/maid dresses (yes offered!) but after bringing my date forward (but with still 8 months notice) they said they could no longer buy them and so i agreed to pay. They agreed to buy their shoes (Annoying but ok)
- My florist thinks they’re horrible, they ASKED to attend florist meeting with me but always bail at the last minute, the start of most of my appointments has begun with tea and sympathy!!
- I kept asking them when we could go b/maid dress shopping, but there was never a good time, they used every excuse! they kept saying no to my choices even though i was paying and I kept asking them to come pick something themselves In the end I got the dresses online, which was fine but not the exciting shopping experience it could have been!
- The shoes. I found the perfect shoes, i emailed them and they agreed to buy them as promised. i had to get the shop to but them on hold and i collected them a day later and then sent them an email to say they owed me the money. Well they came up with every excuse going, they want to pay me in monthly installments, for £50 shoes!??- but FB tells me they can afford to go out partying (they both work full time, money isn’t the issue) The money for the shoes isn’t even the problem anymore, its the principle.
- My hen night, my darling sister has been busting a gut to organise my hen (20 girls, 2 mothers 2 step mothers urgh i don’t envy her!!) and they have done nothing but moan at her, offering no help just stating ‘ I hate it’ on the FB group my sis set up about EVERY idea. One of them even said ‘ I think i know what she’d like a little better then you’ to MY sister!!?
- Now this is the big one, the one that has made me think about all thats gone on, this weekend my bridal salon had an open day, the invite said, come along try your dress on again (the sample!), have a glass of champers and have a talk from the designer that is making your head piece- AMAZING!! I was super excited, I decided to invite my girls, well on Friday, they bailed on my to go shopping for a new dress for Sat night…sigh.
I know the picture i’m painting and believe me my Mum, sister and Fiance are completly done with them and want me to say that I no longer want them to be my maids (my Fiance is threatening to cut up their dresses…!) but this will cause havoc!!! We’ve been friends for 8 years- what do I do?? I feel like such a mug 🙁