- 6 years ago
- Wedding: November 1999
See Part I over here
Ok so again we did 2 pots at a time.
- Measure out about 2.5 to 3L of apple juice into a pot
- Measure out your sugar which will be the same amount as the juice, so for 2 cups of juice / 2 cups of sugar
- 1 pressed lemon per 1L of juice – using just the lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks for 3L – approximately
- On medium heat, bring to a boil and let it boil until it creates lots of little bubbles. You will notice that as it cooks, the leverl of liquid will decrease.
- Using a wooden spoon mix every once in a while.
- Usually when it’s starts to boil, count 1 hour for every litre of juice that you have in your pot.
- Ok so this part is a bit tricky to explain so bare with me. The way to know when it’s ready is using the wooden spoon, grab some of the jelly and poor a little over a little plate. Using the back of a teaspoon run through the jelly, if it closes right away, it’s not ready. If it stays apart then it’s ready.
- Turn off the stove
- While all of this is happening, sterilize your jars and lids.
Now for pictures:
2-3-4: I didn’t take pictures of each of those steps but here’s what it will look like in the pot before boiling:
8: I do not have pictures of this part sorry. Hopefully my little description will make sense.
Third Steps is the filing of the jars! That will come tomorrow night 😀 Thanks for reading so far.