Post # 1
How far are you taking your craftyness? Am I the only one making my own dress?
I am making everything. Or at least as much as I can get away with. I am making my dress, my girls dresses and the food. I was going to do my own makeup but I decided that I really don’t feeling like mixing my shadows and everything so I’m buying my makeup through Urban Decay. Invites I am designing and doing myself, which I need to change since I changed colors…. again. I’m making a vest for hubby to go over his dress shirt, which he asked me to do last night.
So what all are your projects and how are they coming.
Post # 3
This is my updated list. I was going to make my own gown, but I found a great deal on one that cost me less than if I would have made it myself, plus I didn’t want to deal with a bunch of buttons or a corset back.
- Save – the -dates – Done
- Save – the – date cards – Done
- Save – the – date insert pictures – Done
- Save – the – date insert notes – Done
- Save – the – dates sent – Done
- Belly Bands
- Escort/Place Cards
- Invitations sent
- Table Names/Numbers – in process
- Cocktail/Cake Napkins – 90 Done
- Dinner Napkins – 60 Done
- Napkin Holder Boxes X 2 – Done
- Pocket Squares X 5
- Bouquet for me – Felicia
- Fans or bouquets X 2 – Felicia
- Toss bouquet – Felicia
- Broaches X 2
- Pomanders X 8 – Done
- WE DO letters – Done
- Card Box
- Ring Box – Done
- Post Cards for Card Box – Done
- Lady of Honor 1 Gown – in process
- Lady of Honor 2 Gown – in process
- Lady of Honor 1 Bolero – Done
- Lady of Honor 2 Bolero – Done
- Lady of Honor 1 Necklace – Done
- Lady of Honor 2 Necklace – Done
- Lady of Honor 1 Bracelet – Done
- Lady of Honor 2 Bracelet – Done
- Lady of Honor 1 Earrings – Done
- Lady of Honor 2 Earrings – Done
- Lady of Honor 1 Tote – Done
- Lady of Honor 2 Tote – Done
- Lady of Honor 1 Fascinator – Felicia
- Lady of Honor 2 Fascinator – Felicia
- Veil for me – Done
- Bolero for me – Done
- Vanilla Favors – in process
- Cracker Favors
- Vanilla Sugar Favors – in process
- Vanilla Favor Labels/Tags
- Vanilla Sugar Labels/Tags
- Cookie Favors
- Cookie Favor Boxes/Bags
- Candy Buffet Labels
- Candy Buffet Bags
- Bathroom Baskets – in process – baskets done – fillers needed
Post # 4
I made flowers out of clay, invites, centerpieces, garters, and some other stuff too. Good luck!
Post # 5
Wow! Yeah I’m kinda cheating on my gown. I’m making the skirt but buying a corset top just because I really don’t have the patience to dealing with hammering the grommets and shapng the boning.
Post # 6
Those flowers are amazing!!!! I have friends who do clay work and they just amaze me, such great work.
Post # 7
I’m doing as much as absolutly possible as well! 🙂 The only thing that I’ll probably end up purchasing are my BM’s dresses and wedding gown…but I might just make them to so I’ll have to see! 🙂
Post # 8
The main reason I chose to do my dresses was I honestly couldn’t find anything that fit my theme and was the design I had in my mind. I have to have a certain design and it is impossible to find.
Post # 9
I didn’t think to do it that way, but I still found a really good deal without having to do all the work. The reason that I am choosing to make my girls dresses is that I couldn’t find anything close to what I wanted without them being a thousand or more dollars. The dresses have boning and a zipper and a lot of organza and satin. I thought the boning would be brutal, but it is actually pretty easy. I used light sand paper to do the shaping and I have stored it in a loose roll, so I just need to make sure I put it in facing the right way to get the shape.
Post # 11
I’ve been married a month now, and I’m so glad that I did as much of the wedding as I could myself… you ladies won’t regret it!
My husband and I made our own invites, place cards, centerpieces, tulle ceiling, programs, save the dates, and a bunch of other various items… I’ve been blogging about a project a week here: http://www.wcswedding.blogspot.com/
Best of luck to you! 🙂