- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2009
Metal Barrett or Alligator Clip
Mini Glue Gun (Low Temp) [$3.99 + $2.99 for sticks]
Ribbon (Same color as your flower) [50 cents]
Silk Flower, a few usually comes on 1 stem [$3.99]
Feathers/Beads, or other embellishments [$3] (optional)
1. Plug in the glue gun, it usually takes 5 min to warm up.
2. Remove the silk flower from the stem, using scissors or kitchen shears. Be careful to cut closer to the stem so that you can lay the flower flat.
3. Measure out a piece of ribbon that will wrap around the metal barrett or alligator clip. Be sure to wrap it tightly and then cut the ribbon to size. See my back photo from my earlier post.
4. Use the glue gun to glue the ribbon to both ends of the barrett/alligator clip. Press firmly and then LET IT DRY.
5. About 15 min later, trace the entire length of the ribbon with the glue gun. Be a little bit generous, and press the back of the flower onto the hair pin. I placed my off center so that the flower would lie flatter. HOLD IT DOWN for at least 15-30 seconds until the glue begins to start drying.
**If you’re like me, you might have to repeat this step twice to make sure the back of the flower is secured flat onto the ribboned clip.
6. Once the flower clip has dried, take a toothpick or a paper clip and drip it in a small amount of fabric glue to secure your embellishments to some of the back petals.
Tada! Instant fabulous piece for about $15-20!
Please msg me if you have any other questions.