(Closed) DIY Flowers & Manicures

posted 9 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
1045 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2008

It might depend on what kind of flowers you’re doing– are you going to have to be stripping lots of rose stems, and other rough stuff?  I think it also depends on how much work you need to do– if you have forty tables worth of centerpieces to do, you’re not going to have the time to be careful and work gingerly to save your manicure.  However, if you’re just pulling together your bouquet, I’d think you’d be fine.

I ordered DIY flowers from fiftyflowers.com, and did the stripping myself a couple of days before the wedding.  However, I hired a woman (she helps out at my mom’s house with cleaning and shopping) to “execute” the rest of my DIY Flowers plan (trimming all the flowers, removing the guard petals, arranging them, etc.), and it was such a godsend.  Is this an option for you?  I know it’s an extra expense, but it was the best decision I made for the wedding.

Are you getting anything done at a salon on the morning of your wedding, like hair and makeup?  To be on the safe side, I would get the nails done that morning, if possible.

Post # 4
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Why not just wear gloves? I wear gloves when doing the dishes to not mess up my manicure so why not do it for your wedding day too? I wonder if you could find inexpensive protective white gloves instead of the rubber yellow ones you get from the supermarket??

Post # 5
1108 posts
Bumble bee

In college, I took a floral design class, and I don’t recall it messing with my nail polish all that much.

I think the worst I had was sore hands from using the floral knife to cut things.

Post # 6
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I’d wear some latex gloves and have Fiance help you or anyone else around that can.  If you have time to do your mani the morning of the wedding that could help too.

Post # 7
2434 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I did all the flower prep work before I got my nails done.  Thursday the flowers arrived and I trimmed them and put them in water.  Friday I got my nails done.  Saturday before the wedding, I put all the flowers together.

My nails were fine.  However, I did have acrylics which are really hardy.

The topic ‘DIY Flowers & Manicures’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors