Well, the cheapest online website for flower petals is fiftyflowers.com – I can honestly say this is a great company (we ordered all of our flowers from them and they were great).
What sort of flowers are you ordering?
Fiftyflowers is great, but if you need mini calla lilies- http://www.flowersandfreshness.com has a great deal on them- you can get like 100 for 164.00 (and they are also quality) Their roses are also a little cheaper, my one complaint was I wish I would have used fiftyflower for all my roses. Not only did I order the wrong color from flowers and freshness (totally my fault), they called me a few days before saying there were out of the type I ordered and would replace it with something similar. Yes, the flowers were similar but the size of the rose head was medium instead of large (if you know what you want though, it would be better. the roses I did get were fresh and beautiful). The roses I ordered from fiftyflowers.com were very large heads- and the website will write a little about each type of rose so you can guesstimate how big the flower is. It’s nice to know.
I did some mock ups with wholefood flowers- they aren’t as cheap as an online wholesaler- and their flowers aren’t as fresh. We ordered some to practice with and they started wilting a little within a few days. When you’re doing your own arrangments you want to get your flowers 2-3 days prior to the event so they can rehydrtate properly and you have time to arrange them. If you’re going to order flowers, I would make your own bouquet- that way, you get what you want and it’s special. If you google DIY wedding bouquet (or look on wedding bee) there are so many posts about this.
Things I didn’t know I wish I did-
– Don’t buy glassware or candles offline.. it’s a deal- but they rape you on the shipping charges
– When you buy flowers, over buy a little bit. I needed a little more than what I thought
– Make sure you think about the colors long and hard you’re ordering.
– double check everything.
– Give yourself TIME. Our wedding was on a Saturday I took three exams on Thursday and three on friday because I was still in school. By the time I got around to the flowers I was worn out and threw them together.
– When your flowers arrive, break them down then.If you order roses or any other flowers with leaves still attached, remove them.Then place them in water to rehydrate and open.
I was really happy I did my own flowers… for around 600 dollars I made 4 bouquets, several house arrangements (our wedding was at home), and did arrangments for all 16 of my tables.