(Closed) DIY furniture – liability coverage required by venue

posted 6 years ago in DIY
Post # 2
89 posts
Worker bee

I would check with them. I doubt you will need it tho – a vendor is on the premises to make money – they fall under a special class in the occupiers liability act where I live, and a lot of times they are also interacting with the property that is owned by the venue (kitchen, built in stereo hookups etc.) so if they cause damage, the venue wants them to be liable for this.

If they require you to bring liab insurance for your furniture, why wouldn’t they require the same for your centrepieces, guest book etc etc etc … see it just doesn’t make sense 🙂 Don’t stress just call them and confirm to get it off your mind.

I always suggest my friends get party alcohol liability insurance for their receptions in case a drunk guy causes property damage or someone drives home drunk – that would protect you for this too, so something you may want to look into.

P.S. Show us your DIY projects!!

The topic ‘DIY furniture – liability coverage required by venue’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors