- 8 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
Everything? LOL. I may have bit off more than I can chew when I signed with a venue that doesn’t have ANYTHING. It’s essentially an area of lawn with bathrooms…that’s it.
So here is my list:
1. All paper goods: Invitations, save the dates, programs
2. Lighting: lanterns, string lights, LED throwies to light the lanterns, dowels to stick into the ground to tie the lanterns and lights to
3. Ceremony decorations: aisle runners and back drop
4. Reception decorations: guest book, crazy amount of bunting, vintage dessert plates (yes, I’m thrifting 80+ dessert plates and tea cups), Sign guest book sign, bride and groom signs, guest seating chart, food signs, dessert signs, decorations on dessert table, picture frames hanging from tree limbs, lace table runners, thrifting colorful bottles for flowers, cake topper (done!),
5. Flowers: Yes! Call me crazy but Im doing my own bouquets, bridesmaids’ bouquets, all bouts, and corsages for the mothers. I’m also doing my own floral arrangements for guest tables.
6. Others: Oh there are so many in this category, including music list for the DJ (50 songs) and the ceremony script (we asked a friend to be ordained so now he needs us to write a script for the entire ceremony).
Phew~~~ making this list makes me nervous but it’ll all be done I’m sure…one way or another. I’m a bit of a prefectionist so I have a vision that I’m going for that I’d hate to give up from the beginning. I’m sure alot has to give in the end but until then, I’m happy toiling away accomplishing 🙂
Is it too much? Oh I’m sure.
One thing I do know is: I’ll have an insane amount of DIY items for sale after 9.22 so look out Saint Louis brides-to-bes lol