Post # 1
Hey everyone I am getting married next September and we are trying to do a lot of DIY decorations to add a more personal touch. Any Ideas or suggestions are welcome. We have some great ideas but are always looking for more :). Our color are meditrainian blue and violet we are using the dark…kinda fall colored gerber daisies as flowers (they are my favorite) Thanks for any and all help suggestions ideas.
Post # 3
Giving you DIY ideas is hard – just because there’s so many!!! What I will say, though, is search the bee for “DIY” stuff, and check out the DIY section, too. I’m sure that will give you lots of inspiring ideas! Also, if you’re not on pinterest already, I would join up 🙂 It’s a little overwhelming, and dangerous (because you want to do EVERYTHING on there) but it really helped me with a lot of stuff!
I also followed Style Me Pretty on Facebook for a long time, too, and that always gave me ideas for DIY stuff.
For reference, here’s what we did:
- Card basket
- All signage, with the exception of one that our friend made
- Arranged all reception centerpieces, including a this neat scrapbook page that looked like lace, which we spray painted to be the right color
- Arranged all cocktail hour centerpieces (they were much smaller and we just used leftover flowers)
- 7 bouquets
- 5 bouts
- Simple bouquets used for every other chair going down the aisle
- Carnation Pomanders that hung on the gazebo
- Designed, printed and cut all menus
- Folded all of the napkins to fit around the menus
- Painted some of the picture frames for the picture table
- Designed, printed and cut all placecards
- Designed and printed table numbers, then glued and cut corks for them to fit in
- String balls that were hung from the trees outside for cocktail hour
- DIY’d a few of the favors themselves, as each table had different favors. This included clip on ties, clip on bowties, fortune tellers, and probably more I can’t remember
- Put together all 100 favor bags
- Mr and Mrs signs that got hung on the head table
- Cake Stand ($2!!)
- Ice cream buffet table
- Ring box
Post # 4
Btw, here’s a few of the things we made:
Hand designed, print and cut these guys:
Spent a good, like, 8 hours on these bad boys. We don’t have pics yet of what they looked like hanging in the trees, but it was very romantic looking! :
These were super easy to make and way cheaper than buying them from Etsy! :
Hand made each and every one of these – every table was different:
THis is what the table looked like altogether with our handmade centierpieces, table card name, placemat, and favors:
Hand designed, printed and cut all of these dudes, as well as made the mini centerpieces:
Post # 5
I would definitely start browsing pintrest, that is where I found most of my DIY projects!
Post # 6
@StephieBee: these are great diy projects. i am curious…what was in the paper bags?
Post # 7
@mypinkshoes: Different things in every bag! We did TV Show themed tables, so the favors corresponded with the tables. One table had clip on bowties that we found fabric for and sewed by hand. One table had red vines. One time had clip on neck ties (that we also found fabric for and sewed by hand). One had books by Richard Castle, one had toy dinosaurs… you get the idea 🙂 The guests seemed to love them! THey knew they were going to a nerdy wedding 😀
Post # 8
AWSOME thank you ladies so much i am super excited to get started an everything!!
Post # 9
@rebecca_wcc: do a diy unity candle 🙂 I made some for some brides already and its very easy to do and it makes it unique to your wedding