Post # 17
Post # 18
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
I’ve spent the last 3 months testing out a wide variety of primers, foundations, concealers, setting powders, and setting sprays. I really think it’s a very individual thing. Just because a combo works for one person, doesn’t mean it will work for you.
FWIW, I have sensitive skin that over-produces oil if it gets aggrivated. I also breakout in a sweat fairly easily at my hairline and on my upper lip. Here’s my system, developed through MUCH trial and error.
- Moisturize: Korres Yogurt cream, let it soak in for 5 minutes
- Prep: Urban Decay De-Slick then NARS Skin Smoothing Face Prep
- Foundation: Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Concealer (under eye), Amazing Concealer (everything else)
- Blush: Illamasqua and Lancome (both powder)
- Hilighter: Smashbox Artificial Light
- Eyes: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Urban Decay and L’oreal HIP are good shadows (my MUA swears by MUFE shadows, but I haven’t tried them yet), L’oreal HIP cream eyeliner
- Setting Powder: Tarte Smooth Operator
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay De-Slick (yes, again!)
- Mascara: Maybelline Colossal Volume Express (waterproof) or Hourglass Superficial Lash (non-waterproof)
- Lips: Stila long Wear Lip Color, Laura Mercier Lip Glace, or Buxom Lip Polish
Post # 19
Whatever you end up picking, make sure you put on a primer first! That will help the makeup stay on for longer.
Smashbox has one, I use one from Korres… they’re amazeballs!
Post # 20
I do not use a primer, but the color stay is terrific for me on my face, it definitely does NOT come off (even in the 100+ degree summer) I also use color stay lipstick and lip liner. Again, I can eat and drink and touch up maybe once during an 8 hour day.
Believe it or not… I use wet and wild eye shadow, and it stays on and on… this is just for me. I love it and i love the shimmer.
I use cover girl transluscent powder… here is a photo of me all made up, after work mind you:)… didn’t touch up my make up once (i’ve since lost my job, but I have an interview tomorrow! yay)and I will probably wear the same make up, but different lipstick, also revlon color stay.
pay no attention to the mess on my craft table! LOL Just look at me and all my glory! hahahhaha
Where do you all find “primer” though? I keep hearing about it. I use a moisturizing face cream, is it the same thing?
Post # 21
@Ronneykay: You can find primer at any sephora store or makeup counter. I’ve also heard that Monistat Chafing Gel is basically the same thing as Smashbox’s Photo Finish Primer. The chafing gel has nothing to do with yeast infections, but it costs $7 bucks vs $38+. Primer helps make you makeup go on smoother, it creates a canvas to help you achieve a flawless finish as well as helping your makeup stay put. It’s Just like when you prime your walls before you paint them. Use primer after moisturizing and before foundation.