Post # 1
I’ve been searching for a pretty hanger for pictures of The Dress, and after failing to find something reasonably priced (i.e.: cheap), I decided to monogram my own, using cheapie Ikea wooden ones in white.
Here’s my low-tech way of doing it:
1. Pick your initial(s) / name and your preferred font.
2. Print it out at an appropriate size for your hanger — I used font size 90 with Freebooter font
3. Shade the back with a soft pencil. Be generous and rub it on well!
4. Position the monogram/name and stick it in place (i used some sticky tape on 2 sides)
5. Use a ball point pen and trace the design, pressing HARD. You should then get a sufficient imprint of the design on your hanger.
6. Use a fine-tip permanent marker and carefully fill in the imprint.
TA-DAAAAAH! pretty hanger for nice dress photos 🙂
Oh, you can also buy rhinestones and stick them on after getting the imprint, if you like a little bling bling 🙂
Post # 5
Love this! I had already made a ‘hanger cover’ but I think I might change my mind and do this instead!
Or do it for my bridesmaids!
Post # 6
I am so doing this! Thanks for the tip!
Post # 8
Cool! I am doing this for my groom, too! 🙂 I was going to get wooden letters but this is so much easier!!
Post # 9
my groom picked a different font but insisted on using a thicker Sharpie. he messed it up and shrugged, "At least we bought 8!" 😛
Post # 10
I cannot wait to make one of these! (Thinking to self: I wish I had a wodden hanger to try this on right now,)
Post # 11
such a great idea….I was regretting not purchasing a pretty hanger but didn’t think I had time to. Thanks for sharing!
Post # 14
i love this idea! *running to buy wooden hangers*
Post # 15
i love this idea as well. i have added it to my "to do" list