(Closed) DIY STD – how do I do this?

posted 4 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
900 posts
Busy bee

The post card is most likely copyrighted, what you’re talking about doing is illegal. You need check the copyright of any photos you use. And you would need photoshop to do this anyways. You can get a 30 day trial of photoshop for free, that’s how I made mine.

Post # 4
3376 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@asbtoabs:  You definitely need to contact your venue or whoever took the picture and ask permission. If the image is on a product that is in production, it likely has a copyright and it may be illegal to use the picture without permission. 

Post # 5
900 posts
Busy bee

Maybe you could get someone to take a picture of you two in front of the venue?

Post # 6
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I know “STD” is a common acronym around here, but “DIY STD – how do I do this?” is definitely the title of the day, because I am an 8 year old.

Also, I have no useful information. Sorry.

Post # 7
1283 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@asbtoabs:  can you take a similar picture of your venue, then give it a sepia tone in a photo editing program to make it look more ‘vintage’? Then you could upload that to vista print or cat print to get them made. That way you wouldn’t need to fool with copyright issues. 

The topic ‘DIY STD – how do I do this?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors