Post # 3
2701 posts
Sugar bee

So super cute! You did a awesome job.

Post # 4
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Thank you so much for posting this!! I’ve been struggling, my alternative was some wooden boxes from Hobby Lobby.

Time to start Thrift-store-stalking!

Post # 5
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

you’re so lucky! Even at Goodwill I couldn’t find anything under $40. 🙁 CONGRATS!!! I am very impressed on you being so thrifty, clever and artistic!

Post # 6
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Adorable!!! Love love love this idea!!

Post # 7
385 posts
Helper bee

Loved your idea SOOOO much I got some supplies today to start working on my own version.  Thank you so much for this cute and clever idea!!

Post # 8
3364 posts
Sugar bee

Adorable!!

Post # 10
385 posts
Helper bee

@achandler:  I will post it.  I am doing a much smaller version.  Only 21 guests so most likely have 10 or so cards, but they still have to have a place to go!  I got a small wooden “suit case ” from Joanns fabrics and then fabric and ribbon to line it.  Did you use spray glue or glue gun to hold the lining in place?  Can wait to start on it this weekend.  Fiance will be going to the deer lease with the boys this weekend.  I have a date with fabric and glue and my Bee’s of course!

Post # 11
385 posts
Helper bee

@achandler:  So here is the finished product and the materials I used.  I love the way it turned out.  I used old buttons instead of earring and of course not a real suit case.   Plus mine has a chirstmas look to it too to go with my theme.  I love it, thanks so much for your inspiration.

Post # 12
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

So cute!!! Great job!

Post # 13
385 posts
Helper bee

@tuscanbride:  Thanks.  So glad the bees here are willing to share ideas.  I never would have up with this on my own.  I give Achandler a lot of the credit!

Post # 14
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@achandler: omg- we have the EXACT same suitcase! Mine was my Grandmas! I put dark velvet on the back because my Cards sign was really hard to read!

Here is mine! Love it btw!

Post # 15
385 posts
Helper bee

@chittychittybanebane: So very cute.  I love that it has family history to it.  It would be fun to find out some of the places she traveled with it and include the post cards from those spots.  If you still have Grandma with you she might want to jot a few thoughts about those places on the backs of the cards.  Family nostalgia can be such fun.

Post # 16
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@december bride: She is no longer with us, 🙁 none of them are actually…but the postcards we are using inside are one of a vintage car in Ames IA (ironically I went to college there), another from my campus in the year my Gma was born, & one from the Merchandise Mart in chicago (where I used to work), and another of a cartoon couple on a motorcycle (our hobby) from the 70’s. So they do all have meaning- The lace inside the suitcase is also my grandmother’s. Thank you!

The topic ‘DIY Suitcase Card box for under $10.00’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors