Ok, waxing your eyebrows is easy peasy!
Pick up the supplies first. I absolutely recommend buying a wax that is suitable for the face, as they are different to body waxes. The skin on the face is so much more sensitive/thinner than say legs, or even underarms, and face wax is made for this. Cream waxes are generally the best, and make sure to get the type that needs heating as it’ll do a better job of grabbing onto the hair.
Some wax kits you can buy will also have a spatula, and the strips that you need aswell <score!!!> if not, buy the strips, but dont go crazy cause for the eyebrows you’ll cut the strips into smaller sections anyway.
You will also need pre and post depliation solution. Basically pre is just cleaning the area of any lotions/make up that you may be wearing, and post removes any left over that might be hanging around. You’ll also want tea tree lotion, or some other kid of soothing/antibacterial cream for after. Ooooh, I almost forgot you need talc powder too!!
<still with me? Ok, cool :p let’s keep going…>
If you’re maintaing the shape that’s already there, this is really easy peasy!
- After cleaning the eyebrow with pre depliation solution, let the solution dry for a few seconds, then apply the powder with cotton to the eyebrow, this helps the wax adhere to the hair.
- Next test the wax on the inside of your wrist, you don’t want to burn yourself! If the wax is too hot, wait, if it’s really thick…wait! It’s not ready. You want a good consistency but not loads of bubbles cause that is tooooo hot.
- When the wax is a good temperature and consistency, get it on one side of the spatula (wipe off one side) and apply it WITH the hair growth on the area you want hair removed. If your eyebrows have hair growing in different directions, you’ll need to work in sections (same applies anywhere else on the body).
- After the wax is applied, take a wax strip that’s cut to an appropriate size, and place it over the wax leaving about 2″ past the end of the eyebrow (this is so you can grip the strip). Rub the strip in the direction of hair growth a few times, take your non pulling hand and stretch the skin around the eyebrow wherever you’re able…taught skin is SUPER important!!!
- When you’re ready, pull as hard and fast as you can AGAINST the hair growth (opposite way from which you applied the wax) but DON’T pull up, pull backwards staying as close to your eyebrow as you can. This will help prevent bruising 🙂
Repeat these steps until all the hair your want removed is gone, apply post depliation lotion, then tea tree lotion.
Do the same to the other eyebrow…VOILA!!!
p.s you don’t need to buy a wax heater right off the bat, you can also use a crock pot to keep wax warm, or heat in the microwave, and sit it in hot water in your bathroom sink.
**sorry for the essay 🙁 **