(Closed) DIY Wedding for 150 people- the cost breakdown so far.

posted 4 years ago in DIY
Post # 16
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Thank you for the food breakdown! SO helpful.

Post # 17
5778 posts
Bee Keeper

I think the food prices in my area are so different from yours that I can’t really tell what’s a reasonable estimate on your end. 

Your place settings are quite lovely 🙂

I hope you’re not under-estimating how much work will need to go into food prep & warming etc, even with helping hands from family members. I love to cook, but I would be concerned about this- especially as you and your family members will want to spend time to look your best on the big day. We decorated our venue ourselves and even with others helping us I vastly under-estimated how long it would take and we were there til the wee hours of the morning. 

Post # 19
448 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
everyusernameistaken :  I’m generally in the “self-catering is a good way to give your nearest and dearest the gift of food poisoning” camp. But I think the fact that all you have to do is re-heat pre-cooked frozen food in a giant manor kitchen and add bakery items, rather than having every aunt/cousin/college roommate throw together a pan of shrimp scampi to bring in their car, is probably going to make it run fairly smoothly. Just make sure you check the temperatures on everything!

As for tea, lemonade, soda, etc don’t underestimate how much you’ll need. I accidentally brought the drink powders (lemonade, iced tea) for a picnic once and got the water ratio wrong in an attempt to stretch it … I still hear about it from family members lol.

Post # 20
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
everyusernameistaken :  you will pull it off! I also plan to hire servers. You can make the meals well in advance freeze them like you said and then warm them up using the ovens and buffet warmers. I’m confident that your plan will work out 🙂

The topic ‘DIY Wedding for 150 people- the cost breakdown so far.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors